Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: Forum search problem

Topics concerning the Support Forum.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

sfws wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:00 pm
water01 wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:15 amDo you login
You have to be logged in to reply to a post.
water01 wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:15 am remember to tick the box below that says "Remember Me"
Generally.
:lol: I meant that sentence to be taken as a whole because if you Login and always "Remember Me" then the default is not to logout rather than use the 2hr session logout.
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

water01 wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:55 pm sentence to be taken as a whole because if you Login and always "Remember Me" then the default is not to logout rather than use the 2hr session logout.
You can't tick "Remember Me" unless you login, so of course the sentence is taken as a whole. It is a pity that the default is not ticked as I do sometimes forget that it affects your current session (I originally thought it meant it would speed up my next session).
sfws wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:00 pm Even "Silly Fool Weather Station" surely can't be wasting 2 hours looking up something in middle of post
What I was saying is that without it, the session logs you out in perhaps 5 to 20 minutes (I have not timed it) not 2 hours, the sort of time it might take me to do some (complex for me) looking up while I was typing in a post or a PM. I don't claim to be quick with computer using, I'm old not young, brought up in days when you sent something (on paper tape or punched cards) to computer you might get a print out (as the response) the next day. So it takes me time to work out what I want to look up, how, and where, when I am stumped during writing a post or realise I don't have some detail for whatever point I am making. 10 or whatever minutes can easily pass while I struggle to find the information I want.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

Just wondering if there's been any recent changes in the forum relating to the search errors.

I know I did try a few times earlier this week & it failed repeatedly.

Today though, it appears to be 100% reliable.

If no changes; has maybe a server or service been restarted or changes in some way.

Cheers

Phil
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Phil23 wrote: Thu 26 Mar 2020 9:57 pmIf no changes; has maybe a server or service been restarted or changes in some way.
Yes, I implemented a small change on Tuesday - one I have been meaning to make for quite a while but hadn't had the time to test properly. The details are in a post made on Tuesday.
Freddie