Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reworked default websites

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Reworked default websites

Post by NeilThomas »

The PIT wrote: Sat 16 Mar 2024 9:22 am
bumpy wrote: Tue 09 Jan 2024 11:21 am Good morning
I am having continuing problems in getting the Noaa reports to load to my website: www.farleighmeadows.co.uk. The website is working OK with all pages, except Reports, updating regularly. I did have a problem with the Records page but resolved this and it's now working well.

I have checked that in the server folder public_html there is a sub-folder Reports. This contains individual Noaa files from 2010 until now. When I open the individual files, the tabular data is there for the individual months and years. I am assuming that the data path to access these files is simply /Reports/ and this is the path that is shown in the CumulusMX webfiles folder and also the js folder. I have also tried the paths Reports/ and /public_html/Reports but this makes no difference.

The Noaa reports pages can be accessed and are uptodate on the basic dashboard and the Alternative Interface dashboard pages. This being so I am puzzled why the Default website doesn't show the data. When I look at the default website page it clearly shows that it is trying to access the data because at the bottom of the page it shows that the page data was updated within the last few minutes.

I am obviously missing something - can anyone suggest how to get over this problem.

Many thanks,

Tony
Just noticed your gauges web page isn't displaying properly. Resizes properly for a mobile but anything else the gauges are too large.
It looks like the gauge class is wrong. Looking at your page, the gauges seem to be trying to use a class '.ow-gaugeSmall'. There should not be a dot in front of it. For example, line 90 should read:

Code: Select all

<canvas id="canvas_dew" class="ow-gaugeSmall"></canvas>
When using classes, although they are declared using a full-stop in the css file, you should NOT use the dot when applying it to an element in your code. Simply use an editor to replace all the '.ow-gaugeSmall' with 'ow-gaugeSmall'.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Hello Neil
Thank you for the update and the problem with the extra . before ow. I have removed all instances if it. As you will have seen with the aid of your advice yesterday I finally managed to get the alternative website to work - phew!
There are a few things that I cannot correct.
The first is the size of the gauges which overlap each other. I adjusted the gauge size to small - making the mistake of the . before ow but this has made no difference at all to a) the diameter of the gauges and b) the background box which looks larger that some other alternative websites I've viewed. The gauges on the standard website are just the right size. Is there an easy way of copying them to the alternative site?
Secondly I don't have the facility of solar data with my Davis Vantage Vue system and I would like to remove the panel on the main page which would display solar data if I had a sensor.
Also I would like to change the colour of the background and add information about my weather station but can't seem to find a way to do this.
Any further advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your help so far.
Tony
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

bumpy wrote: Sat 16 Mar 2024 2:53 pm Hello Neil
Thank you for the update and the problem with the extra . before ow. I have removed all instances if it. As you will have seen with the aid of your advice yesterday I finally managed to get the alternative website to work - phew!
There are a few things that I cannot correct.
The first is the size of the gauges which overlap each other. I adjusted the gauge size to small - making the mistake of the . before ow but this has made no difference at all to a) the diameter of the gauges and b) the background box which looks larger that some other alternative websites I've viewed. The gauges on the standard website are just the right size. Is there an easy way of copying them to the alternative site?
Secondly I don't have the facility of solar data with my Davis Vantage Vue system and I would like to remove the panel on the main page which would display solar data if I had a sensor.
Also I would like to change the colour of the background and add information about my weather station but can't seem to find a way to do this.
Any further advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your help so far.
Tony
Good morning Tony

It looks like you are using an old version of the stylesheet for the gauges. Try: at-gaugeSmall or gaugeSmall

In future, I would recommend uploading the complete package and overwrite anything that is already there. (Obviously, take care if you have customised anything).

There will be a new update shortly that takes care of the Solar panels if you don't have solar data.

With regards to the colours, that is not too difficult to change. Open the page-manager.js script in the js folder. At the top there is a variable called CMXConfig as shown below:

let CMXConfig = {
	'Theme': 'Grey',
	'StaticHead': true,
	'StaticFoot': true,
	'Units':	'em',
	'PaddingTop': 2,
	'PaddingBottom': 1,
	'Seagull': {
		'Animation': 'none',
		'Duration': 5,
		'OnTop': false
	},
	'Version': 2.1
}
The first entry controls the theme colours and can be changed to any of the themes in the themes folder. Please DON'T include the '.css', just the theme name. As you can see, you can also change other settings here as well but if you are unsure of a setting don't change it.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi

Just checking your site to see if you have successfully changed it and see that you have tried to use a theme called 'Verdana' - there is no theme with that name so the pages are transparent. Please use only the themes that are in the Themes folder. These are:

Arcadia, Arcadia-Dark, Cherry-Tomato, Cherry-Tomato-Dark, Chili-Oil, Chili-Oil-Dark, Crocus-Petal, Crocus-Petal-Dark, Cylon-Yellow, Cylon-Yellow-Dark, Emporador, Emporador-Dark, Grey, Dark-Grey, Lime-Punch, Lime-Punch-Dark, Marsala, Marsala-Dark, Martini-Olive, Martini-Olive-Dark, MeerKat, MeerKat-Dark, Nebulas-Blue, Nebulas-Blue-Dark, Read-Pear, Red-Pear-Dark, Russet-Orange, Russet-Orange-Dark, Spring-Crocus, Spring-Crocus-Dark, Valiant-Poppy or Valiant-Poppy-Dark.

That is, unless you know how to make a theme css file!

Neil.
Neil Thomas
bumpy
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Hello Neil
Apologies for not responding to your recent message.
I have absolutely no idea why I entered 'Verdana' as a choice of theme! I'd never heard of or indeed used that word but in subsequently restoring a theme Cumulus would recognise, I inadvertently deleted or did something that resulted in disappearing screens and data.
I have now managed to restore both the htm and html versions of farleighmeadows.co.uk. In doing so I've also managed to get the gauges.html to behave and fit the available space without overlaps although the gauges.htm version, that had been showing correctly sized gauges, now refuses to show them. I can live with this though.
I do have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve in that when restarting Cumulus using Cumulus.exe I click to open either of the two options, ie local host etc I am now not able to access a Dashboard either in htm or html. Having now got farleighmeadows.co.uk back up and running again, I need to access the Dashboards to make some necessary changes. Have you any ideas how I can restore the Dashboards?
Your help, as previously, will be much appreciated.

www.farleighmeadows.co.uk.

Tony
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

bumpy wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 4:16 pm Hello Neil
Apologies for not responding to your recent message.
I have absolutely no idea why I entered 'Verdana' as a choice of theme! I'd never heard of or indeed used that word but in subsequently restoring a theme Cumulus would recognise, I inadvertently deleted or did something that resulted in disappearing screens and data.
I have now managed to restore both the htm and html versions of farleighmeadows.co.uk. In doing so I've also managed to get the gauges.html to behave and fit the available space without overlaps although the gauges.htm version, that had been showing correctly sized gauges, now refuses to show them. I can live with this though.
I do have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve in that when restarting Cumulus using Cumulus.exe I click to open either of the two options, ie local host etc I am now not able to access a Dashboard either in htm or html. Having now got farleighmeadows.co.uk back up and running again, I need to access the Dashboards to make some necessary changes. Have you any ideas how I can restore the Dashboards?

www.farleighmeadows.co.uk.

Tony
Unfortunately not Tony. The Interface (and the AI) use fully specified .html pages, there are no .htm files in the interface area. Do try accessing other pages on the Interface. E.g., try localhost:8998/charts.html#temp. If this doesn't work then I fear you will have to do a re-install of CumulusMX (safest option).

If you do this you should follow the normal procedures but don't copy the ai2 folder. Re-download and install this separately.

Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

This is just a heads up that I have uploaded a new version of the alternative public website to the wiki. https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Default_W ... ic_website.

This corrects a number of issues with the previous version and includes a number of improvements.
It defaults to expect the json data files to be in the same folder as the pages but can easily be modified to look elsewhere.
You can add dividers to the menu and when in collapsed mode, i.e., on mobile screens you don't have to close an open sub-menu before opening another.

The themes have been completely re-written to match the upcoming release of a new AI which is ready for the next major release of CumulusMX.

Please also note that I have completely re-written the wiki pages for the 'Default Website Development' and added more detail on how to configure it and edit pages. As always it includes a template page that you can use to add your own content.

Enjoy. :D

Neil.
Neil Thomas
flort
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Tony,
bumpy wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 4:16 pm I do have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve in that when restarting Cumulus using Cumulus.exe I click to open either of the two options, ie local host etc I am now not able to access a Dashboard either in htm or html. Having now got farleighmeadows.co.uk back up and running again, I need to access the Dashboards to make some necessary changes. Have you any ideas how I can restore the Dashboards?
I sometimes am not able to access the dashboard after doing updates and I have found that if I clear cookies for localhost then it works again. Worth a try.

Regards,
Trevor
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

bumpy wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 4:16 pm
Rather than using local host have you tried using http://your IP address:8998/index.html i.e. http://192.168.0.94:8998/index.html?
David
flort
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,
NeilThomas wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 5:29 pm This is just a heads up that I have uploaded a new version of the alternative public website to the wiki. https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Default_W ... ic_website.
I loaded up the new site but it didn't display any data. I found that line 60 in ws-extra.js has a typo. It currently reads

$('[data-cmx-SolarGauge]').addClas( 'w3-hide' );
It's missing an 's' on .addClass. Once I corrected that everything displayed.

Regards,
Trevor
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

NeilThomas wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 5:29 pm Hi all

This is just a heads up that I have uploaded a new version of the alternative public website to the wiki. https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Default_W ... ic_website.

This corrects a number of issues with the previous version and includes a number of improvements.
It defaults to expect the json data files to be in the same folder as the pages but can easily be modified to look elsewhere.
You can add dividers to the menu and when in collapsed mode, i.e., on mobile screens you don't have to close an open sub-menu before opening another.

The themes have been completely re-written to match the upcoming release of a new AI which is ready for the next major release of CumulusMX.

Please also note that I have completely re-written the wiki pages for the 'Default Website Development' and added more detail on how to configure it and edit pages. As always it includes a template page that you can use to add your own content.

Neil.

Thanks for the update. can you confirm your code in charts.js? my airquality json file is: 'airquality.json not airqualitydata.json

viewtopic.php?p=179644#p179644
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2024 6:34 am Hi Neil,
NeilThomas wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 5:29 pm This is just a heads up that I have uploaded a new version of the alternative public website to the wiki. https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Default_W ... ic_website.
I loaded up the new site but it didn't display any data. I found that line 60 in ws-extra.js has a typo. It currently reads

$('[data-cmx-SolarGauge]').addClas( 'w3-hide' );
It's missing an 's' on .addClass. Once I corrected that everything displayed.

Regards,
Trevor
Thanks for the update, I’ve updated my code and it will be in the next update.

Neil.
Last edited by NeilThomas on Fri 22 Mar 2024 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

ConligWX wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2024 7:43 am
NeilThomas wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2024 5:29 pm Hi all

Neil.

Thanks for the update. can you confirm your code in charts.js? my airquality json file is: 'airquality.json not airqualitydata.json

viewtopic.php?p=179644#p179644
I don’t have any air quality sensors so don’t generate the specified data file. Have checked and it should be airquality.json. I will update the zip file and replace. Thanks.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

@NeilThomas

Please go to my website at https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html. I have installed your updated scripts but when one goes to the various pages other than Dashboard and Reports there is no colour shading in the boxes (occurs on my desktop as well as on my iPad and iPhone).

Could you please tell me how to fix this?
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I went to the website and loaded and all the pages that should have colour shading have got it.

Have you tried refreshing your cache with Ctrl + F5?
David