Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reworked default websites

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Reworked default websites

Post by ConligWX »

NeilThomas wrote: Fri 23 Jun 2023 11:23 am Hi everyone

I am now reasonably happy with the alternative default site I have created for CumulusMX and am going to make it available to download. I would like to do this through the Wiki (which I can edit) but am not sure where it would be best to put it. If any of the moderators can point me to a suitable location, or better still set up a blank page with the appropriate links I will be happy to edit it.

In the meantime here is a link to download it.DefaultSiteV3.zip

This zip contains two files, a readme pdf and a second zip containing the site. It is safe to upload directly to your public site if you wish but it will go 'live' instantly. You may wish to preview it if you have a local web server available. This will also give you the opportunity to edit the 'page-manager.js' script which is explained in the readme file.

I have provided a small number of additional themes specifically for this site (they don't work with any other and neither will others work with this site unless modified).

Enjoy.

Neil

Neil.

all html files have a spelling mistake in them from the above DefaultSiteV3.zip file. along with the DefaultWebSiteV3.zip

Altidude: should read Altitude:

same with your url:

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

@Neil: I lost track and cannot find the website link anymore. Your site - from post 1 - leads to an announcement for a Wordpress site or your new proposed standard website.

Finally I found the resources on the wiki but it would be nice to have the wiki link somewhere obvious i.e. in the initial post and/or on your main website.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 3278 ● Ecowitt GW1100/WS80/WH40 ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspberry OS 6.1.21 ● Mono 6.12.0.200
https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl/CMX4/NET8/ (beta)
CMX build 4003+ ● RPi 4B ● RPi OS 6.1.0-rpi7-rpi-v8 aarch64 ● dotnet 8.0.1
Drew
Weather Station: Weatherflow Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Drew »

EDIT: This issue is resolved now! Thanks for the help!

This is a great new updated look!

I have uploaded to my site, but can't get the data values to populate. Hoping someone can advise what I've missed.

Also, there is a file named page-manager.js referenced, but this file is not in the download.

The default site is working normally at: https://shoalsweather.net/fhs/index.htm
New site: https://shoalsweather.net/fhs/index.html

Thanks!
Last edited by Drew on Sat 19 Aug 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ Cumulus1 / CummulusMX
Operating System: Windows8 / Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I have compared the current DefaultWebSiteV3.zip (July 6, 2023) to the previous (June 25, 2023) zip. The previous version works fine http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxw ... index.html (this is a test site so currently not updating with new data). I have noticed that the previous version has a \js folder which the July 6th does not. The page-manager.js is in that \js folder. Possibly a missed folder in the current zip?

The current version has a \data folder which was not in the previous but I believe these are just the sample .json files that would normally be uploaded by CMX at the usual interval.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www .komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.html

Drew
Weather Station: Weatherflow Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Drew »

I found the version from June on page 4 of this thread, and everything is working normally now! Thank you for catching that!!

Looks GREAT!!
https://shoalsweather.net/fhs/
PaulMy wrote: Sat 19 Aug 2023 6:17 pm I have compared the current DefaultWebSiteV3.zip (July 6, 2023) to the previous (June 25, 2023) zip. The previous version works fine http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxw ... index.html (this is a test site so currently not updating with new data). I have noticed that the previous version has a \js folder which the July 6th does not. The page-manager.js is in that \js folder. Possibly a missed folder in the current zip?

The current version has a \data folder which was not in the previous but I believe these are just the sample .json files that would normally be uploaded by CMX at the usual interval.

Enjoy,
Paul
islander
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 professional

Post by islander »

ConligWX wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 10:38 am
Neil.

all html files have a spelling mistake in them from the above DefaultSiteV3.zip file. along with the DefaultWebSiteV3.zip

Altidude: should read Altitude:

same with your url:

Capture.PNG
Hi Neil,

In addition to the above the spelling of Beaufort is wrong in the index.html. The Beaufort scale entry is misspelled 'Beaufourt'. The Beaufort description entry is fine.

After a minor hiccup with my weather laptop somehow caching the ftp upload location for the realtimegauges.txt and realtime.txt files for my old site (which caused more than a bit of head scratching until I realised what was going on and rebooted the thing), I have my site up and running perfectly. Thank you for all your hard work!

Cheers

Tony
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi Folks

Just released a new version of the default website: https://www.cumuluswiki.org/images/4/4c ... SiteV3.zip. This one is fully flexed and also includes extra readings on the Today page. It also uses FontAwsome icons.

It includes a 'template' page that can be used as a framework for any additional pages you want to create and its themes are the same as on the AIv2.01.

It includes a 'readme.txt' file that I strongly recommend you read before copying it to your web host.

ERROR: I have just noted that on the historic charts page (chartshistoric.html)I have missed off a 's' on the ID for the Degree Days button. Line 92 should read:

Code: Select all

<button id="DegDays"  class="w3-btn ow-theme-add2 ow-theme-hvr">Degree Days</button>
I'll update the zip file once everyone else has had a chance to find my mistakes!! :bash:

Enjoy

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

I uploaded the new website but it didn't display any menus or data. To get it to work I had to make the following two changes -

In ws-extra.js change line 27 to

$.getJSON('websitedata.json?_=' + Date.now(), function( json ) {
The gauges didn't register any readings so in gauges.js change line 72 to

realTimeUrlCumulus : 'realtimegauges.txt',
It seems like it didn't like 'dataPath +' in both of these instances. I also found the same on the 3 charts pages. For all URL's I had to remove 'dataPath +' before the charts would display.

I don't know if it is peculiar to my installation or whether everyone will experience this.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Thu 23 Nov 2023 10:27 am Hi Neil,

I uploaded the new website but it didn't display any menus or data. To get it to work I had to make the following two changes -

In ws-extra.js change line 27 to

$.getJSON('websitedata.json?_=' + Date.now(), function( json ) {
The gauges didn't register any readings so in gauges.js change line 72 to

realTimeUrlCumulus : 'realtimegauges.txt',
It seems like it didn't like 'dataPath +' in both of these instances. I also found the same on the 3 charts pages. For all URL's I had to remove 'dataPath +' before the charts would display.

I don't know if it is peculiar to my installation or whether everyone will experience this.

Regards,
Trevor
Good morning Trevor

Do you upload your data to the same folder as the website pages? If you do, then all you needed to do was edit line 13 of the ws-extra.js file and set the variable dataPath as shown below:

let dataPath = '';
This is used throughout the site so that those who like to upload their data files to their own folder can do so. I thought that I had covered this on the Wiki but obviously I didn't. Apologies.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi folks

For everyone's benefit, the new default site is configured to assume your data is uploaded to a folder called 'data' rather than in with all the html page files.

If this is NOT how you organise your site then please edit the ws-extra.js file line 13. If your data files are uploaded to the same place as your pages then it should look like this:

let dataPath = '';             //  Set to the path where your data is uploaded with a trailing '/'
Note that this is the only situation where it does NOT need a trailing '/'.

Neil
Neil Thomas
flort

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

Yes I do upload my data files to the same folder as the website pages. I may have missed that on the Wiki.

Another thing I noticed was that the Today, Yesterday and Today-Yest pages have the Latitude/Longitude/Altitude drop down to the next line which means the menus shift. I found the code on these 3 pages was different to the others.

index.html line 46

<div class="siteWidth ow-titleBar" style="margin:auto;">
The other 3 pages on line 45

<div class="siteWidth titleBar" style="">
Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Thu 23 Nov 2023 10:49 am Hi Neil,

Yes I do upload my data files to the same folder as the website pages. I may have missed that on the Wiki.

Another thing I noticed was that the Today, Yesterday and Today-Yest pages have the Latitude/Longitude/Altitude drop down to the next line which means the menus shift. I found the code on these 3 pages was different to the others.

index.html line 46

<div class="siteWidth ow-titleBar" style="margin:auto;">
The other 3 pages on line 45

<div class="siteWidth titleBar" style="">
Regards,
Trevor
Hi Trevor

Just checked my public site and development site and found the same. You are quite right, the class in each case should be 'ow-titleBar'. Not sure how I let that slip through - I'll make the edits and re-upload a new zip file :bash: You also need to set the style to 'margin:auto;' to force the header back to the centre of the page. Thanks. I've also updated the readme file to clarify the dataPath variable.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
flort

Post by flort »

Thanks Neil. The site looks good.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Just uploaded a revised version taking on board the issues identified below. Please read the ReadMe.txt file especially if you upload your data to the same location as your pages.

https://www.cumuluswiki.org/images/4/4c ... SiteV3.zip

Enjoy.

Neil
Neil Thomas
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

This is what I get when I activate this page of the latest distro; a lot is missing.
Screenshot 2023-11-24 121634.png
What do I look for to get it working, please. I have successfully changed the theme colour and deleted reference to solar.

The previous version works properly, viz.
Screenshot 2023-11-24 122604.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html