Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis VUE transmission not received

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Meteosat
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 sp2 64bit

Davis VUE transmission not received

Post by Meteosat »

Good day,

Yesterday all communication from the ISS to the console appeared to stop. The console continues to work in the sense of reporting internal temperature and barometer, but cannot receive anything externally.

If I go into setup under the receive from section I eventually get a number 8 appear on the far right, and there is a flashing antennae icon. After that screen the icon is no longer flashing. At the final screen there is no change.

I have changed the ISS battery, and even brought the unit back indoors! But to no avail.

If I press the white button on the unit it correctly seems to go through the flash cycle as described in the manual.

I am wondering which is going to be the bad unit - the console or the ISS?

Cheers
Meteosat
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 sp2 64bit

Re: Davis VUE transmission not received

Post by Meteosat »

I can now add an update.

I took the ISS indoors and tried it in various positions but with no joy, so I dismantled the unit. I remembered that I had stored away a previous failed transmitter unit as its called, it was actually the rain detector relay which had failed, but the RF section had been OK. I powered this up and was instantly recognised by the console, hence the deduction that it wasn't the console at fault.

I snipped away the rain detector section from both units, soldered in the good working rain section, and now I have a functioning ISS again!

All the best