Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1080 not transmitting after battery change

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
WiseGuy97
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows XP

WH1080 not transmitting after battery change

Post by WiseGuy97 »

Hi!

The "TX" low battery symbol was flashing on the panel (station still transmitting) so I changed the batteries over, only to find that outdoor data sections were blank, with the "TX" symbol still showing up. I tried several sets of batteries, and nothing. Changing the panel batteries only resulted in the TX symbol dissapearing! Is this a fault with the transmitter, or does something need to be reset somehow?

Thanks!
ace2
Weather Station: maxkon ws-1081pc
Operating System: windows 7 & 8

Re: WH1080 not transmitting after battery change

Post by ace2 »

Mine did that, my transmitter was transmitting(red flashing light) but my weather station said no link. I just removed the batteries from the receiver(weather station) for a few minutes and once batteries replaced the station started receiving from the sencors..
CHRIS
web site
http://www.ace2weather.com
Follow me on Twitter
http://tinyurl.com/kwlr9re
YouTube channel
http://tinyurl.com/lehwpgp
Facebook page
http://tinyurl.com/k3sap4s
Tiny URL links used
WiseGuy97

Post by WiseGuy97 »

Yup, i did that and now, luckily, the receiver regained contact sometime during the night! Don't know why it took so long though..!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

The way to avoid this happening again is to disconnect the rain gauge and open up the Transmitter box where the access to the batteries is.

Have two new batteries ready and when you see the red LED flash, quickly take one battery out and put a new one in. Then wait again until the red LED flashes again and change the other battery.

You usually have 20 seconds between flashes, plenty of time to change a battery on each go and the upside is contact is not lost. Good idea to use Lithium batteries as they last longer. Done this twice now as my Fine Offset is over 3 years old and it has never missed a beat. Don't forget to reconnect the rain gauge (only reason to disconnect it is to stop false tips as you are bound to shake the unit a bit as you change the batteries).
David
WiseGuy97

Post by WiseGuy97 »

Ok thanks! I was gonna do that originally, but I thought the transmission would reconnect immediately, hence I thought there was a fault afterwards.

I spent about 2 hours going up and down the roof changing and testing batteries trying to make the thing work!
Jimboat
Weather Station: wh1080
Operating System: winxp

Post by Jimboat »

Does the "TX" low battery symbol flashing on the panel mean that the batteries in the 'panel' (receiver) are low? OR does it mean that the batteries in the sender (transmitter) unit are low?
/Jim
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

The Icon should indicate that the Transmitter battery is below about 2.5v (i.e. 1.25v per cell), however it may not go out for some hours (or a day) after the cells are replaced as above (or the Console is re-booted). IIRC there is no battery icon for the Console itself, the only indication of low battery voltage is when the LCD Backlight LEDs (green or blue) come on rather dimly (after the panel is touched).

Cheers, Alan.
Jimboat
Weather Station: wh1080
Operating System: winxp

Post by Jimboat »

AllyCat wrote: Sun 23 Jan 2022 8:48 pmThe Icon should indicate that the Transmitter battery is below about 2.5v (i.e. 1.25v per cell), however it may not go out for some hours (or a day) after the cells are replaced as above (or the Console is re-booted). IIRC there is no battery icon for the Console itself, the only indication of low battery voltage is when the LCD Backlight LEDs (green or blue) come on rather dimly (after the panel is touched).Cheers, Alan.

Alan, great. thx.
/Jim