Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Bug report 1.9.4.1084

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
dapym
Weather Station: Sinometer WS1081
Operating System: XP SP3

Bug report 1.9.4.1084

Post by dapym »

Hi.
I`ve installed this version of Cumulus and everytime I try to start the program it`s crash. Please, ask me if you need another procedure.
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Bug report 1.9.4.1084

Post by steve »

You've changed your Windows format settings. Previously you had a comma for a decimal separator, and now you have a period (full stop). So Windows can't convert your old decimal values like 163,0 into a number, and Cumulus, not handling this, crashes. You need to change your Windows settings back to what they were; I think a comma is correct for your country anyway. Make sure your list separators are also correct; with a decimal comma you probably use a semicolon ";" for a list separator.
Steve
dapym
Weather Station: Sinometer WS1081
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by dapym »

Hi Steve.
That´s right. I´ve changed the windows format settings. The problem I´ve have is that cumulus takes comma (,) as a list separator so the decimals numbers, in cumulus are the next field in the dayfile.txt, so I have 20 fields more. How can I resolve this problem?
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Cumulus uses the current Windows settings for decimals and list separator. If you have existing data with decimal commas and semicolon separators, Cumulus and Windows can't make sense of that if the current Windows settings aren't the same. If you want to use your existing data, you will need to make your Windows settings match your data. Or edit all of the files and change the data to match your current settings, if you want to keep your current settings.
Steve