Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Heating/cool days now correctly created by 'Create missing'

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Heating/cool days now correctly created by 'Create missing'

Post by sfws »

Having downloaded build 1083, I have now successfully got the Heating degree days and Cooling degree days the right way round for all the days (before Cumulus) from when I first installed my station to the day when I downloaded Cumulus build 1020 (the first build I used that included the feature, I did actually start 4 months earlier intermittently trying build 989). Once again thank you, Steve.

I was reassured watching the pop up showing me in the centre of my monitor the date each time Cumulus created a new row. My only slight misgiving was that little screen got too easily hidden (I must have somehow made something else become the window on top), and apart from minimising all screens, I could not think of a way to see it again. I suppose there is no easy way to make that be in a corner of the monitor or displayed for the duration of the processing on the edit dayfile screen where the 'Create missing' button normally is?

If anyone reading this, wonders what I did? I followed procedure in http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Dayfile.tx ... in_Cumulus
[*]taking a backup copy of my dayfile.txt;
[*]in the original deleting records with some rogue (in my case degree day) figures (in my case up to 4 Nov 2011);
[*]used 'Create missing' option in Cumulus dayfile editor;
[*]renamed the resulting 'dayfile.txt' file as 'dayfile(generated).txt';
[*]next I used Libre Office Calc to open both backup copy and generated files, both read only;
[*]I created a new dayfile.txt by copying all rows from backup copy and replacing just the 'heating degree day' and 'cooling degree day' columns for the period up to 4 Nov 2011, taking those cells from the generated file. NOTE 'Text CSV' is a standard optional saving format in Calc. I used 'Save as' so I could alter extension to '.txt' from '.csv' and selected 'Edit filter options' so during save process it popped up a screen where I could set my preferred field delimiter (in my case ',').

I also have a new 'dayfileedit.log' that I will copy onto my archive disc and my diags has the following entry:
12/09/2013 11:32:58.235 : Dayfile editor saving 1116 rows
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Heating/cool days now correctly created by 'Create missi

Post by steve »

sfws wrote:I suppose there is no easy way to make that be in a corner of the monitor or displayed for the duration of the processing on the edit dayfile screen where the 'Create missing' button normally is?
It's not something I want to spend time on at this point, sorry.
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Heating/cooling degree days + create missing

Post by sfws »

steve wrote:It's not something I want to spend time on at this point, sorry.
No apology needed, sometimes my curiosity makes me ask what is easy/difficult.

Anyway, I have now used 'Create missing' just 3 times, once to re-create a single day just to try it out, following that success I used it so that Cumulus calculated various parameters like apparent temperature and heat index for my pre-cumulus data (that gave me a good feeling of achievement, despite the breavement that stopped me checking the data), and now once to correct degree days. I may never use it again.