Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Twitter through a proxy

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
TheOracle
Weather Station: WMR 88
Operating System: Windows Server 2003

Twitter through a proxy

Post by TheOracle »

Hi,

I am trying to get Cumulus 1.9.4 beta build 1082 to work behind a proxy here, it does not use any username or password, just Domain/IP Address and port 8080.

I could not get the OauthToken and OauthTokenSecret so used my phone as an access point to get them.

when I try and set it back to use the proxy I get Socket Error # 10061 while trying to get the tokens (if they are not there in the ini file) or Twitter update error: Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused when they are in the ini file.

If I can help with resolving this i am more than happy too.

Many Thanks

Dom
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Twitter through a proxy

Post by steve »

The proxy code that I've added would only have worked with the old Twitter (before they complicated things with OAuth). It's unlikely that I'll be able to do proxy support for Twitter now because of how complicated it is, but I'll have a look at it at some point to see how much work it would be.
Steve
TheOracle
Weather Station: WMR 88
Operating System: Windows Server 2003

Re: Twitter through a proxy

Post by TheOracle »

Hi Steve,

Thank you.

I was looking at the new api the otherday funnily enough. Still, thank you for your efforts. Great piece of software.

Cheers Dom