Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Any Screensaver experts out there

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Any Screensaver experts out there

Post by mcrossley »

Are the clouds in DTE 'live' or just a static overlay?
serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Post by serowe »

Not live in the true sense - you control how often you download the cloud overlay. As I said - it's basically an image which is used as a desktop background. I understand the distinction between this and a truely live background but, if you think about it, even a weather background I wouldn't want updated as an overall image more than once every 5 minutes or so.

Having said that - FreeWx has a full screen page that cycles through the various weather data in various pages - it is an applicaiton so would be quite easy to write and run if oyu wanted something to runwhen the computer isn;t in use. The reason I liked FreeWx's version was that it used LARGE letters to display the informaiton and was thus visible from many etres away from the screen.
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

If I want a series of photos or a video on the screen I just run a slideshow or video player full screen - job done :lol: Turn off the system screensaver or screen standby though or your display will disappear.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Charlie
Weather Station: 1wire-Cumulus & Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Charlie »

Silly question - did you try a Google search? I tried "how to create a screensaver" and got a long list of hits including this product: http://iscreensaver.com/ There seems to be a free trial.

I'm betting there is an open source project if you poke a bit as well...
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Cumulus Realtime will go full screen any way, so I'm not sure what the point would be in having it as a screen saver? I may look at different ways of running it when I eventually get back to it, Silverlight is becoming very flexible.
Steve