Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

RealTime.txt

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: RealTime.txt

Post by steve »

dane wrote:Field 50 of the realtime.txt "is daylight?" is described in the Help file as either 1 (day) or 0 ( night).
My realtime.txt seems to have 2 digits: either 00 or 10.
Not a big problem -just a mismatch between reality and the Help file :)
Sorry, that's a bug I've introduced when I added the 'sensor contact lost' field; I haven't put a space between the last two fields. I'll fix it in the next build, possibly later today. Thanks.
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:...that's a bug I've introduced when I added the 'sensor contact lost' field; I haven't put a space between the last two fields. I'll fix it in the next build, possibly later today...
You really do not need to remove it - I have found a way around the combined digits ... now I will have to modify my PHP code to accept them as single digits... :( ;)
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

I would simply wait until Steve releases the fix rather than kludge up your PHP code to handle something that is not supposed to happen.

The variables in realtime.txt are supposed to be space delimited. If they are not, it is a bug that needs to be fixed.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

A sensible response - and Steve is hoping for "self-help" over the silly season ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

TNETWeather wrote:...I would simply wait until Steve releases the fix rather than kludge up your PHP code to handle something that is not supposed to happen...
Kevin, I was being facetious but I could not find a 'smilie' that could express my jest... :oops: