Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR200 Forecasts

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
adders
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

WMR200 Forecasts

Post by adders »

Can anyone advise the numbers that represent each of the 7 forecasts (sunny, clear night, partly cloudy, partly cloudy at night, cloudy, rainy, snowy) that are included in the WMR200 USB data output. I have tried googling but cannot find. Thank you in anticipation.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR200 Forecasts

Post by steve »

According to this site - http://www.bashewa.com/wmr200-protocol.php - which is where I got most of my information about decoding the data, it is:

0: Partly Cloudy (day)
1: Rainy
2: Cloudy
3: Sunny (day)
4: Clear (night)
5: Snowy
6: Partly Cloudy (night)
Steve
adders
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by adders »

Thank you for this info. However I now have a related problem -
The Cumulus wiki page on the realtime.txt forecast field reads "The number of the current forecast as per Strings.ini. If the forecast is not being provided by the station and not being generated by Cumulus a value of 0 (zero) is returned". I interpret this as meaning that if the "Cumulus Forecast" is NOT checked in station configuration then the value in this realtime.txt field would be as provided by the station, in my case a value of between 0 and 6 as provided by the WMR200. However at this moment, my realtime. txt shows a value of -26, a Cumulus forecast number.
So does realtime.txt only report a Cumulus forecast, irrespective of whether the station configuration is set to use the station forecast?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The forecast number in realtime.txt is only ever a 'Zambretti' forecast number as calculated by Cumulus. It is always calculated, regardless of whether the station supplies a forecast or not. Cumulus does not store internal forecast identifiers from stations, only the text. I've updated the wiki.
Steve