Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help with Toolbox

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
cb6888
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2040
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2

Re: Help with Toolbox

Post by cb6888 »

Yes, sorry for the confusion. While far from a computer expert, I can usually figure things out. For some reason, this just isn't "clicking." But, I think I'm begining to wrap my head around it. So, in Toolbox, in the "Current" value block, I should have the value from the last time the web tags were updated, whether or not that value is in excess of the rule. Am I correct?

After midnight last night, my New Record light in Cumulus itself began flashing again. No email, and the "Current" value was 0. So, I am guessing that things are not updating for some reason.

I sincerely appreciate your patience!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Yes you are correct i.e. in that picture I sent you my test was 0.0 and the current value below it was 6.4, therefore the rule would fail. 6.4 came from the last updated cumuluswebtags.txt.

If you are not seeing values below your test value in Current, then there is mismatch between where Cumulus is processing cumuluswebtags.txt and where Toolbox thinks it is and therefore Toolbox does not see the values against which to test.
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

But I've confirmed within both Cumulus and Toolbox that both programs point to the same file. Could I have neglected to enable something in Cumulus? Is FTP required, even though I'm just going to be using email notifications?
water01

Post by water01 »

You do not have to FTP it but you have to have a tick in the process box and a remote file name (that could be C:\Temp) so that the file is processed by Cumulus

So in one of the Configuration / Internet / File Tab lines within Cumulus you should have something like

Local filename = C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt
Remote filename = C:\Temp\cumuluswebtags.txt
Process = Yes (i.e. tick the box)
Realtime = No (i.e no tick in the box)
FTP = No (i.e. no tick the box)
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Eureka!

Inside Cumulus/Configuration/Internet/Files, I had cumuluswebtags.php, instead of cumuluswebtags.txt as the remote filename. Once I made the charge, it started clicking right along.

Throughout this process, I suspected it was something embarassingly simple that was the problem. Thank you so much for walking me through it, I greatly appreciate it!
water01

Post by water01 »

Great, no problem, been there done that, got the t-shirt!!
David