Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Post by steve »

miki41254 wrote:Hi Steve, how can i replace windchill with heatindex?
You can't. I'd have to add it as an option - not too difficult. I'll see about doing it for the next version. Or I could just squeeze in another gauge for heat index and have both displayed.
Steve
franciscus
Weather Station: National Geographic -Fine Offset

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:When I try to view your realtime.txt file, I sometimes get a blank page and sometimes a 404 (with Firefox), but always a 404 with IE. I don't know how the banner script is apparently managing to get data from that. I am wondering if your realtime.txt is actually not going to http://levinweather.host22.com/realtime.txt and wherever it is actually going, the PHP banner script manages to pick it up from there, but http does not. If you turn on ftp logging, the realtimeftplog.txt file may give a clue.
I notice I have the same problem if I try either ftp or http for www.lionsden.darktech.org/weather/realtime.txt or any of the other cumulusrealtime files. except for the html one, I also get a 404, yet the files are there. Weird
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

franciscus wrote:... if I try ... http for http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weather/realtime.txt ..., I also get a 404,
Looks OK to me (IE8)

13/06/09 08:38:17 20.8 59 12.2 0.9 1.8 135 0.0 0.0 ....... etc.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

beteljuice wrote:
franciscus wrote:... if I try ... http for http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weather/realtime.txt ..., I also get a 404,
Looks OK to me (IE8)

13/06/09 08:38:17 20.8 59 12.2 0.9 1.8 135 0.0 0.0 ....... etc.
I tried in Firefox, as you were mentioning Firefox elsewhere. In any case, I still am unable to use the cumulusrealtime in any browser :(. Tried changing .xap extention to .txt, and that did not help. Changed it back again. Still get a 404 on finding cumulusrealtime.xap, or xml.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

franciscus wrote:In any case, I still am unable to use the cumulusrealtime in any browser
I think your web server needs configuring for xml files (I get a 'forbidden' when trying to access your xml file, so that may be a permissions problem). Unfortunately I don't know anything about Xitami so I can't really help.
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:
franciscus wrote:In any case, I still am unable to use the cumulusrealtime in any browser
I think your web server needs configuring for xml files (I get a 'forbidden' when trying to access your xml file, so that may be a permissions problem). Unfortunately I don't know anything about Xitami so I can't really help.
I'll see if I can find anything, and failing that, ask the authors <G>. They have a new version, but, I dont like it. Opens in a DOS window, and have yet to get it to recognize where my webpages are located :(
ChookBennett
Weather Station: Fine Offset WS 1081 PC

Post by ChookBennett »

When I try to view your realtime.txt file, I sometimes get a blank page and sometimes a 404 (with Firefox), but always a 404 with IE. I don't know how the banner script is apparently managing to get data from that. I am wondering if your realtime.txt is actually not going to http://levinweather.host22.com/realtime.txt and wherever it is actually going, the PHP banner script manages to pick it up from there, but http does not. If you turn on ftp logging, the realtimeftplog.txt file may give a clue.
The realtime.txt is being uploaded to the site. I changed from .txt to .html and it displays in the browser http://levinweather.host22.com/realtime.html
It appears you cannot browse any .txt files form the site.
Here is some of the realtimeftplog.txt

12:36:04:531 >|226-File successfully transferred|

12:36:04:531 >|226 0.219 seconds (measured here), 0.97 Kbytes per second|

12:36:04:531 ! Next3PutAsync
12:36:04:531 ! HighLevelAsync 0
12:36:04:531 ! HighLevelAsync done
12:36:06:515 00FC9610 TriggerDataSent 932
12:36:06:750 >|200 TYPE is now ASCII|

12:36:06:750 ! HighLevelAsync 0
12:36:06:765 00FC9610 TriggerDataSent 932
12:36:07:015 >|200 PORT command successful|

12:36:07:015 ! HighLevelAsync 0
12:36:07:015 00FC9610 TriggerDataSent 932
12:36:07:546 ! Data Session requested
12:36:07:562 00FC9D20 TCustomWSocket.Shutdown 1 1056
12:36:07:562 ! Data Session opened
12:36:07:562 00FC9D20 TriggerDataSent 1428
12:36:07:562 >|150 Connecting to port 52492|

12:36:07:562 DataSocketPutDataSent 219
12:36:07:562 00FC9D20 TriggerDataSent 1428
12:36:07:562 DataSocketPutDataSent 0
12:36:07:562 00FC9D20 TCustomWSocket.Shutdown 1 1428
12:36:07:796 ! Data Session closed
12:36:07:796 ! Next3PutAsync
12:36:07:796 00FC9D20 TCustomWSocket.Shutdown 1 1428
12:36:07:796 >|226-635 files used (10%) - authorized: 6000 files|

12:36:07:796 >|226-13471 Kbytes used (0%) - authorized: 1536000 Kb|

12:36:07:796 >|226-File successfully transferred|

12:36:07:796 >|226 0.268 seconds (measured here), 0.79 Kbytes per second|

12:36:07:796 ! Next3PutAsync
12:36:07:796 ! HighLevelAsync 0
12:36:07:796 ! HighLevelAsync done
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

franciscus wrote:
steve wrote:
I'll see if I can find anything, and failing that, ask the authors <G>. They have a new version, but, I dont like it. Opens in a DOS window, and have yet to get it to recognize where my webpages are located :(
This is what I found. Apparently a script is needed, if I read this right, and that is a little out of my league. Batch files in DOS were no problem, and HTML code is doable, but this is, for me, questionable. I know it shows a sample, and if that is good enough I will use that, but I am guessing that the html file you included is in reality also a script?

The GSL Language
Xitami uses the GSL language to describe how an XML file is shown. GSL is iMatix's Open Source template-based code-generation language. The GSLgen engine is built-in to Xitami, and GSLgen is also provided as a seperate command-line tool with Xitami.

If you want to use server-side XML processing, you should download the GSLgen tool from imatix.com, and study the GSL language. It's quite simple. This is an example GSL script, provided as an example in the webpages directory:

<HTML><BODY><CENTER>
<H1>Client Summary</H1>
<P>At $(date) $(time)
.for client
<H3>$(name:)</H3>
<P>$(address:)
<TABLE WIDTH="50%">
<TR><TD>Date:</TD><TD>Quantity:</TD><TD>Delivered:</TD></TR>
.define total = 0
.for order
<TR><TD>$(date:)</TD><TD>$(quantity:)</TD><TD>$(delivered:)</TD></TR>
.define total = total + quantity
.endfor
</TABLE>
<P>Total ordered: $(total)
.endfor
</CENTER></BODY></HTML>

By default, Xitami uses a script with the same name as the XML file (but with the extension .gsl). You can use a specific script by adding an attribute 'script' to the root item, e.g.:

<data script = "testxml.gsl" >

This is useful if you process several XML files through the same script.

Preparing Output From CGIs
One handy way to use XML files is in combination with CGIs. Your CGI program can create an XML file, then use the 302 HTTP code to redirect the request to the XML file.

Predefined Attributes
As well as the standard attributes (date, time, filename, script), the GSL script can access all the environment variables normally passed to a CGI program, such as REMOTE_USER.

Passing Arguments to The XML File
You can pass arguments to the the XML file processor by using the query string syntax:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/myfile.xml?arg=value;arg=value;...
This is useful to override attributes like 'script'. All arguments passed in the query string are defined in the XML root item.
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

franciscus wrote:
steve wrote:
This is what I found. Apparently a script is needed, if I read this right, and that is a little out of my league. Batch files in DOS were no problem, and HTML code is doable, but this is, for me, questionable. I know it shows a sample, and if that is good enough I will use that, but I am guessing that the html file you included is in reality also a script?

The GSL Language
Xitami uses the GSL language to describe how an XML file is shown. GSL is iMatix's Open Source template-based code-generation language. The GSLgen engine is built-in to Xitami, and GSLgen is also provided as a seperate command-line tool with Xitami.

If you want to use server-side XML processing, you should download the GSLgen tool from imatix.com, and study the GSL language. It's quite simple. This is an example GSL script, provided as an example in the webpages directory:

<HTML><BODY><CENTER>
<H1>Client Summary</H1>
<P>At $(date) $(time)
.for client
<H3>$(name:)</H3>
<P>$(address:)
<TABLE WIDTH="50%">
<TR><TD>Date:</TD><TD>Quantity:</TD><TD>Delivered:</TD></TR>
.define total = 0
.for order
<TR><TD>$(date:)</TD><TD>$(quantity:)</TD><TD>$(delivered:)</TD></TR>
.define total = total + quantity
.endfor
</TABLE>
<P>Total ordered: $(total)
.endfor
</CENTER></BODY></HTML>
I seem to have fixed the problem I copied the above script to the weather directory, renamed it cumulusrealtime.gsl, and suddenly everything worked.

http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... ltime.html
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

ChookBennett wrote:The realtime.txt is being uploaded to the site. I changed from .txt to .html and it displays in the browser http://levinweather.host22.com/realtime.html
It appears you cannot browse any .txt files form the site.
That's strange. I can understand web servers needing configuring to serve .xap files etc, but to block .txt files is perverse. I think you need to speak to your provider about it.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

franciscus wrote:I seem to have fixed the problem I copied the above script to the weather directory, renamed it cumulusrealtime.gsl, and suddenly everything worked.
I can't see how that script can possibly have anything to do with it - but it's working now, and that's the main thing.
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:
franciscus wrote:I seem to have fixed the problem I copied the above script to the weather directory, renamed it cumulusrealtime.gsl, and suddenly everything worked.
I can't see how that script can possibly have anything to do with it - but it's working now, and that's the main thing.
Apparently, from what I can gather from the many pages of html directions I have, that script interpets the XML file. Confusing to me <G> but, like you say, it works and that is the main thing

Still, I have found one minor problem While the times displayed at the bottom of the page are correct, the time displayed on the upper left show in Zulu time, i.e. GMT. Weather: 13:30 when in fact it is 08:30 here in Canada. Have I missed something?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

franciscus wrote:Still, I have found one minor problem While the times displayed at the bottom of the page are correct, the time displayed on the upper left show in Zulu time, i.e. GMT. Weather: 13:30 when in fact it is 08:30 here in Canada. Have I missed something?
That's because that's my data you're displaying. Either you haven't edited the xml file to point at your realtime.txt file, or you have edited it, but Cumulus Realtime isn't able to parse it and is using the defaults. When I try to view http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... altime.xml I get a strange page back that says "Xitami Transfer Pipes". So I suspect that your XML file still isn't being served correctly, just now it isn't returning an error.
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:
franciscus wrote:Still, I have found one minor problem While the times displayed at the bottom of the page are correct, the time displayed on the upper left show in Zulu time, i.e. GMT. Weather: 13:30 when in fact it is 08:30 here in Canada. Have I missed something?
That's because that's my data you're displaying. Either you haven't edited the xml file to point at your realtime.txt file, or you have edited it, but Cumulus Realtime isn't able to parse it and is using the defaults. When I try to view http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... altime.xml I get a strange page back that says "Xitami Transfer Pipes". So I suspect that your XML file still isn't being served correctly, just now it isn't returning an error.
Strange. so while the script file helps, it is getting the wrong info it seems. I have changed the xml file to my realtime.txt. That line you are getting regarding the pipes is part of that script file. First line after the <BODY>. I guess I will have to do some more searching.
NorthNJwx
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 & Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by NorthNJwx »

Thanks to the new realtime.html page Steve made available that makes it easier for us html novices to make a page around the Cumulus realtime graphic, I've come up with this:

http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/realtime.html

The gradient in the background of the realtime graphic reflects colors used on my website, along the sand-colored background that I also use on my main site. The Cumulus realtime page fits perfectly into my website, while presenting great live data at the same time. I couldn't ask for much more.