Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

N96GY Rain Sensor Repair?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
romseyrob
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

N96GY Rain Sensor Repair?

Post by romseyrob »

Just dawned on me that the rain detection has not been working for a few days now.

I ordered a replacement one from Maplins for £4.99 and it's all fitted and working now.

Just curious - is it worth having a look inside the old one to try and ascertain and rectifiy whatever fault it has? I assume the top/outer casing just levers off the base, as no screws are visible. Is there anything in there that can be repaired or refurbished, or is it not worth mucking about with?

Thanks for any advice.

Robert.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: N96GY Rain Sensor Repair?

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Robert,

Yes it's easy to open up, and quite often necessary to cure jams caused by spiders webs, etc. (on which subject there have been numerous threads).

The inside is shown in the first post in this sticky thread and the reed switch and PCB later on page 3.

Cheers, Alan.
dpmiller
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win XP sp3

Re: N96GY Rain Sensor Repair?

Post by dpmiller »

Mine failed last month, the reedswitch contacts went high resistance. Put a new reed in, but obviously didn't get the orientation just right as the original magnet wouldn't switch it. I didn't spend any more time on it after that, just ordered a new'un...