Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Realtime gauges v1.0.0.3 available for download

Post by steve »

NorthNJwx wrote:I am only supposed to drag the .xap file out of the zipped folder and upload it as is, right?
Yes.
I wonder if perhaps my host doesn't have support for the Silverlight .xap file, in which case it would make sense that I could upload the .xml and .html files, but not the .xap. When I try to upload the .xap file on WxSolution, it says the upload was a success, even though no file actually made it to my site. In that case, I'll have to host CumulusRealtime elsewhere, I suppose. That, or maybe the fact that I can't get Silverlight to install on that computer may be problematic.
I don't think any of this can be the explanation. There isn't really any concept of a host not supporting Silverlight, it's just a file that gets downloaded to your PC. Unless for some odd reason they were somehow blocking the upload of .xap files, which doesn't maky any sense. And the existence or otherwise of the Silverlight runtime on the PC can't have anything to do with it.
In that case, I could just download a free FTP program on this computer & use it to send the .xap file to my site
Yes - I don't really understand what you've been trying to use, but a normal FTP client is definitely what you need. Filezilla is a good one.
Steve
scubadu
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by scubadu »

steve wrote:
I wonder if perhaps my host doesn't have support for the Silverlight .xap file, in which case it would make sense that I could upload the .xml and .html files, but not the .xap. When I try to upload the .xap file on WxSolution, it says the upload was a success, even though no file actually made it to my site. In that case, I'll have to host CumulusRealtime elsewhere, I suppose. That, or maybe the fact that I can't get Silverlight to install on that computer may be problematic.
I recognized the same effect. The .xap was uploaded to host and with fireFTP, i have verified, that it is on the host. So i tried the following workaround:
I have renamed the extention .xap to .txt and have updated "source" line the file CumulusRealtime.html to
<param name="source" value="CumulusRealtime.txt?v=1.0.0.3"/>
With this modification, i runs very well.
Does anybody has an idea, why a host is preventing the downloading of a .xap file?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've just realised that the server in question is IIS. They probably haven't registered the .xap file extension type.
Steve
NorthNJwx
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 & Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by NorthNJwx »

scubadu wrote:
steve wrote:
I recognized the same effect. The .xap was uploaded to host and with fireFTP, i have verified, that it is on the host. So i tried the following workaround:
I have renamed the extention .xap to .txt and have updated "source" line the file CumulusRealtime.html to
<param name="source" value="CumulusRealtime.txt?v=1.0.0.3"/>
With this modification, i runs very well.
Does anybody has an idea, why a host is preventing the downloading of a .xap file?

Wow, I tried this out as well, and it works perfectly! Thanks for this suggestion - it's really quite amazing to see the whole suite of gauges updating along with the VP2 console.

Here's my link: http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/CumulusRealtime.html
Marian
Weather Station: Oregon WMR-928

Post by Marian »

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'm amazed that changing the file extension works - it's an excellent workaround!
Steve
franciscus
Weather Station: National Geographic -Fine Offset

Post by franciscus »

NorthNJwx wrote:Sorry if this is a simple process for most, but I have no idea how to get the CumulusRealtime page to work.

I downloaded the zip, uploaded all of the files to my site except the readme file (including all of those dll files in the "xap" thing), set the xml file to upload and to refer to my realtime.txt file, etc. I'm not exactly sure what I could be missing here.

This is what I get on my page: http://www.nctelecom.net/oaknjwx/CumulusRealtime.html

It simply has a gray background, a page title, and absolutely nothing else.
I went to your page and it appeared to be working fine here. Took a little while though. Mine just sits there loading.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

franciscus wrote:Mine just sits there loading.
You don't seem to have uploaded the CumulusRealtime.xml file?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Martle wrote:Is it possible to place a link on the realtime page to the Cumulus 'regular' page for those people who haven't realised the beauty of tabbed browsing? My knowledge of html is very limited so if it is possible I'm afraid you'll need to put it into simple terms. :?
I've knocked up a simple page (attached) based on the existing ones supplied with Cumulus. You can see it here: http://sanday.org.uk/weather/realtime.htm

The intention is that you just upload it once, rather than getting Cumulus to process it, as it's static. So you'll need to edit the contents to change the header, co-ordinates etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:
franciscus wrote:Mine just sits there loading.
You don't seem to have uploaded the CumulusRealtime.xml file?
What I get is a page with the gauges, and a window stating Loading Data. Also I get the followoing on the upper right hand where I think the site name is supposed to be. I also tried to do the rename trick of the XAP file. No luck. I have tried a seperate directory for the files, and also just copied them to the directory holding the web pages. Neither option worked. I also tried leaving your info in the xml file also with no luck

browserhttpwebrequest_webexception_remoteserver

http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... ltime.html to test
Last edited by franciscus on Mon 08 Jun 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes - have you uploaded the CumulusRealtime.xml file?
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:Yes - have you uploaded the CumulusRealtime.xml file?

It is in the directory where the rest of the cumulus files are. that includes the html file and the XAP file which was renamed. .TXT and source changed as well in the XML. I will chcange that back as it didnt work anyway :(
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Very strange... http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... altime.xml gives a '404 not found'. I don't really know what to suggest if the file really is there. Perhaps it's like the problem with the .xap extension, and your hosting blocks .xml files, for reasons I can't begin to fathom.
Steve
franciscus

Post by franciscus »

steve wrote:Very strange... http://www.lionsden.darktech.org/weathe ... altime.xml gives a '404 not found'. I don't really know what to suggest if the file really is there. Perhaps it's like the problem with the .xap extension, and your hosting blocks .xml files, for reasons I can't begin to fathom.
I run my own server here using Xitami Web server software. I think it does XML, but will check it out again.
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Post by M1DUL »

Hi Steve,
My Realtime gauges were working OK before I Installed the today's version of Cumulus. Now they have stopped working, the page no longer goes past the load data box and 'sticks'.

I have also downloaded the new realtime.htm (un-edited at this time) to the server (edited the index file etc to point to it) to see if that would work and I get the same error - the load data box does not go away.

Any ideas?
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm