Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus seems to have stopped reading the historic data

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
agsteele
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus seems to have stopped reading the historic data

Post by agsteele »

Actually, it is more like it has stopped reading all data ;) But the year to date data isn't displayed and neither is the current live data.

I have been away for a few days and returned and fired up my computer and then Cumulus.

The Watson weather station is displaying data on the screen but nothing is appearing in Cumulus. Cumulus reportsd Archive records read: 1

So, I restarted the weather station by pulling out all the power supplies/backup power and disconnecting the USB connection to the computer. Rebooted the computer and reconnected the weather station.

I still have the same problem.

I tried restoring the data from the last known functioning backup but no change.

I also updated the most recent beta version just in case but not change.

Any thoughts from anyone...

Meanwhile I'm reverting to :bash:

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus seems to have stopped reading the historic data

Post by steve »

Please zip up the diags folder and attach it.
Steve
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

Diags as requested ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The data in the memory is garbage:

26/01/2013 16:32:19.884 : Request EW data block, addr = 004934
26/01/2013 16:32:19.897 : EWUSB: EW startup data line 13 FF FF FF B1 26 03 07 00
26/01/2013 16:32:19.905 : EWUSB: EW startup data line 14 06 F0 01 00 F5 65 00 00
26/01/2013 16:32:19.905 : EWUSB: Data: FF FF FF B1 26 03 07 00 06 F0 01 00 F5 65 00 00

The fact that the current memory pointer is up at hex 4934 suggests that the station hasn't been reset recently (or that it may have been, but the pointer is corrupted). I can only suggest that you try resetting again - make sure you remove the batteries and the USB cable. You'll end up with a gap in your data, unfortunately; or possibly some odd readings that will need correcting.
Steve
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

Thanks. Your interpretation of the diags is always helpful. A deep reset fixed everything - even if I then had to reconfigure the base unit ;)

Andrew
zehelmer
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win XP S3

Post by zehelmer »

Hello,

From yesterday to today, yesterday is zeroed and today remains yesterday :roll:

2nd question

The latest release v1.9.3 dl file gives a warning as not safe and a strange name appears and it announces as searrching capabilities on all portals...

Is this normal?

Best regards

joe/zehelmer
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

zehelmer wrote:From yesterday to today, yesterday is zeroed and today remains yesterday
The latest release v1.9.3 dl file gives a warning as not safe and a strange name appears and it announces as searrching capabilities on all portals
Sorry, no idea. As far as I am aware, the file is safe. It's been downloaded thousands of times and no-one else has reported a security problem. I don't know what the "strange name" is and I don't know what "searrching capabilities on all portals" means. Perhaps your system has a virus, or perhaps your anti-virus software, or whatever it is that is giving you these messages, is buggy. Are you talking about the installer, or Cumulus itself?

It's quite normal for anti-virus checkers to warn you that files downloaded from the internet might not be safe. But yours seems to be saying that it isn't safe. I've just run the file through an online virus checker which uses 40 different virus checkers, and all reported it OK.

Please note: This thread is about an unrelated problem, it makes things easier for me if you start new threads for new problems. And it's also helpful to fill in your forum profile with details of your station etc, particularly if you don't tell me what station type you have in your post. Also, this thread is in the beta section. Are you using the beta version?
Steve
zehelmer

Post by zehelmer »

steve wrote:
zehelmer wrote:From yesterday to today, yesterday is zeroed and today remains yesterday

Sorry, I have no diags folder :-(
The latest release v1.9.3 dl file gives a warning as not safe and a strange name appears and it announces as searrching capabilities on all portals
Sorry, no idea. As far as I am aware, the file is safe. It's been downloaded thousands of times and no-one else has reported a security problem. I don't know what the "strange name" is and I don't know what "searrching capabilities on all portals" means. Perhaps your system has a virus, or perhaps your anti-virus software, or whatever it is that is giving you these messages, is buggy. Are you talking about the installer, or Cumulus itself?

It's quite normal for anti-virus checkers to warn you that files downloaded from the internet might not be safe. But yours seems to be saying that it isn't safe. I've just run the file through an online virus checker which uses 40 different virus checkers, and all reported it OK.

Please note: This thread is about an unrelated problem, it makes things easier for me if you start new threads for new problems. And it's also helpful to fill in your forum profile with details of your station etc, particularly if you don't tell me what station type you have in your post. Also, this thread is in the beta section. Are you using the beta version?
It's all wrong from my side... It has nothing to do with with beta version... I'll study in detail the whole forum before starting a new thread...

Many thanks !
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

zehelmer wrote:I'll study in detail the whole forum before starting a new thread...
Thanks; note that if you want me to investigate the problem about the today/yesterday figures, you'll need to let me have the diags files before they get overwritten.
Steve
zehelmer

Post by zehelmer »

steve wrote:
zehelmer wrote:I'll study in detail the whole forum before starting a new thread...
Thanks; note that if you want me to investigate the problem about the today/yesterday figures, you'll need to let me have the diags files before they get overwritten.
Here they go: hope it is OK ;-)

Thanks again :clap:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You're allowing your PC to suspend, so you are getting gaps in your data:

10-07-2013 01:09:58.609 : Windows SUSPEND broadcast received
10-07-2013 01:09:58.609 : Close on suspend set, attempting close down

You have 'close on suspend' selected, but as it says in the help, this option cannot be relied upon.
Steve