Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus weather diary

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Touchtone
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus & FARS
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Cumulus weather diary

Post by Touchtone »

According to "help" Cumulus stores the "weather diary" in the log file, if so how can I see it & then print it out at a later time, as I would like to have this as a separate item that I can add to my weather reports.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus weather diary

Post by PaulMy »

I believe on mine it is c:\Cumulus\data\log.xml file which can be opened but not sure how you would use it

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

milos.jirik
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by milos.jirik »

Hi Paul.

Log.xml file can be uploaded to the web, like file dayfile.txt. Just upload it once a day. Then it can be opened using the script and display as a web page. An example can be seen in the http://pocasi.ok5aw.cz/meteo/diary1.php I apologize that the page is in Czech language and encoding windows-1250. Another possible use is grief process according to user station. I attach the source code of the page, the page is worked from templates Weather Blues. Size thus created website then depends on the size of the file log.xml ...

Milos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by milos.jirik on Tue 02 Jul 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You have to be a bit careful interpreting the entries in log.xml, particularly if entries have been edited. You have to take account of the 'row state', because it adds entries when changes are made. I don't fully understand it myself, the mechanism is transparent to Cumulus. See here for more information http://conferences.embarcadero.com/article/32227

It looks like I should really have set LogChanges to 'false', and then the resulting file would have been simpler.
Steve
milos.jirik
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by milos.jirik »

Hi Steve

If you would really set the Log Changes to 'false', it would be a good idea to simplify the whole diary.
Thank you.

Milos
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I'm not sure I can change it now, but I'll do some experiments to see what happens.
Steve