Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly Record Graphs

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Monthly Record Graphs

Post by water01 »

With the inclusion on the Monthly Records in V1.9.3 of Cumulus and inspired by Mark Crossley to make more of Highcharts (it is a very good piece of graphing software especially as it's free), I bought a very good book (Learning Highcharts) and I have now put all the Monthly Records in graph format.

You can see it here http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/mnthrecchart.php

In order to preserve space I had to use TLA's (Three Letter Abbeviations !!) for the Axis points but there is dictionary below.

It is grouped in charts for Temperature & Humidity, Rainfall, Wind and Pressure as per Steve's page design so if you mix the plots the Axii may overwrite each other. You have a shared mouse pointer so if you run your mouse over the plot it will show you the data for each month in a mouse over window.

In the top right you have the ability to print the plot to your local printer, or the second Icon will allow you to export the plot as a .png image, a .jpg image, a pdf file or a SVG vector image.

To activate the plot, click on the greyed out items in the legend below the plot and they will appear in the plot, and to remove them do the reverse. The Temperature and Humidity plot gets a bit busy with all the items selected!!!

It is written using php and javascript, so I can and will make it available if people wish.
David
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Monthly Record Graphs

Post by nitrx »

Nice graphs I like it, is it possible to add the date and time when the extremes were recorded ?
water01

Post by water01 »

I can probably add those to the mouse over pointer window, but it will take me a while!!

Nowhere else would make sense anyway!!
David
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

water01 wrote:I can probably add those to the mouse over pointer window, but it will take me a while!!

Nowhere else would make sense anyway!!
I know that should be the place to show it, it's intersesting if a record was on the first decade or latest decade and more inteserting the exact date and time
water01

Post by water01 »

OK now I know the Highcharts API quite well!! Took a while to figure out Shared pointer formatting!!!

Your wish is my command - working Highcharts that display mouseover pointers that indicate the record, time and date in a Tooltip pointer!!!

http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/mnthrecchart.php
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Very nice, well done

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
water01

Post by water01 »

Thanks Paul, at one point I nearly gave up, working with other people's APIs can sometimes be difficult.

If people would like the code I can make it available, once I have tidied it up!!
David
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

David, just curious... When I click on the link to the 'Monthly Records Graph', I get no graph, just an empty screen where the graph should be and a very transparent legends bar ... that is, until I click on one of the barely visible legend ... then the graph is being drawn. Could one of the parameters from the legends be automatically chosen and the appropriate graph be drawn when the page is loaded? Or am I suppose to see a graph as the page is loaded?
water01

Post by water01 »

Ray I did it like that so that you could choose a group as per the instructions below that way the user can choose what to see, but it would be very easy to make the first item of the first group to show on load. The Temperature and Humidity group (the top line of the legend) gets very busy if you select all the possibilities!!

Perhaps I should make the Legend more visible when it is "hidden"?

I will do that and load it up in about half an hour.

Edit: OK done that Legend is a bit darker grey when not selected and I have forced one plot to show.
Last edited by water01 on Fri 08 Mar 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Are these graphs generated from a mysqsl database ? I'm interested anyway , I'm stil looking for grapsh genererated on the fly between selcteble dates
water01

Post by water01 »

No these are generated from the php Monthly Record tags (extratags.php) that I load once a day from my Cumulus computer via Cumulus Toolbox, since monthly records don't change much!!

The historic graphs here ( http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/historicgraphs.php ) are generated from a MySQL database the data for which is uploaded and overwritten into the MySQL database just after midnight every night. Or the graph at the top of my Forecast page ( http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/forecast.php ) picks up data from a yr.no datastream and via json maps it into Highcharts.
David
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Thanks for the info I have already a script for forecasts generated from a local provider and yr.no http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weather/hwa/hwaFullPage.php
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

water01 wrote:Edit: OK done that Legend is a bit darker grey when not selected and I have forced one plot to show.
David, much much better and possibly less confusing to a user/visitor (such as myself with critical old eyes)... ;)
tobyspond
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by tobyspond »

Hi David,

I like the change - easier to read. One other item you may want to consider is a title for the chart so the user knows what he/she is looking at, although it may get busy if the user selects more than two or three variables to graph unless you restrict the number of selections.

Kerry
water01

Post by water01 »

Kerry, I am a bit puzzled as to what you mean as it says in two places (one above the chart) Month Records Chart (Graph) unless you mean the Y-Axis headings along the top and these are limited by the need to draw so many if you do the complete Temperature and Humidity plot, but below the chart there is a translation of the abbreviations to what they actually represent.
David