Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Highcharts Graphs

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Highcharts Graphs

Post by mcrossley »

OK, that means that the script has already output an error message prior to reaching the final output at line 153 onwards. Are you capturing the output from realtimeLogParser.php? If not you either need to arrange it, or run the script manually from a browser between midnight and 4am.

Edit: Oh, and take a copy of your 'realtime.log' file at the same time, the content of that may be revealing.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote:OK, that means that the script has already output an error message prior to reaching the final output at line 153 onwards. Are you capturing the output from realtimeLogParser.php? If not you either need to arrange it, or run the script manually from a browser between midnight and 4am.

Edit: Oh, and take a copy of your 'realtime.log' file at the same time, the content of that may be revealing.
I'm not too clued up with it all if i'm honest but i can show you anything that may help solve it?

http://www.wareham-weather.co.uk/realtime.log

http://www.wareham-weather.co.uk/realtimeCumulus.js

http://www.wareham-weather.co.uk/realtimeCumulus.htm

Let me know of anything else.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You're realtime log file seems to start at midnight. Is it getting deleted at midnight and built up again from there? It should be a 'rolling' log, always containing the required time span of data.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote:You're realtime log file seems to start at midnight. Is it getting deleted at midnight and built up again from there? It should be a 'rolling' log, always containing the required time span of data.
Toolbox is pruning the log file to one day.
meteotortosa
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by meteotortosa »

I have not been able to install the graphics. The instructions do not give much detail

:oops:
Weather in Tortosa (NE Spain), updated every 15'
Image Image
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I still haven't put a 'package' together :( - it's on the to-do list...
meteotortosa
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by meteotortosa »

mcrossley wrote:I still haven't put a 'package' together :( - it's on the to-do list...
;)
Weather in Tortosa (NE Spain), updated every 15'
Image Image
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I set the realtimeCumulus.js to pick up 8 hours worth of data last night, it's almost midday here and it's almost 6am where my server is hosted, no data is showing at all ..

When it gets to 8am where the server is hosted then the data will start showing again.
There's obviously a timezone issue with this code but i don't know enough about js to work it out.

:cry:
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I set the realtimeCumulus.js to pick up 8 hours worth of data last night, it's almost midday here and it's almost 6am where my server is hosted, no data is showing at all ..

When it gets to 8am where the server is hosted then the data will start showing again.
There's obviously a timezone issue with this code but i don't know enough about js to work it out.

:cry:
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

There is definitely something odd happening with the time. Looking at that graph now, I got this...
Untitled picture.png
The data jumps back in time 30 minutes, then forward nearly an hour. But when I refreshed the page, the graph was normal, no jump back in time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I've given up with this now. Cumulus toolbox is cocking up every day now too. It's been uploading successfully and then failing to upload every other minute now and it keeps freezing, due to this i never get any decent data showing.
duke

Post by duke »

Mapantz wrote:Cumulus toolbox is cocking up every day now too
I have never been able to get the 'toolbox' to run successfully. There are better, more powerful options to 'toolbox' - IMO.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Well I disagree. I have Cumulus Toolbox installed on both Windows XP and Windows 7 and it does everything it says it does perfectly correctly, and has never missed a beat. It is a very reliable program.
David
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

water01 wrote:Well I disagree.
Well David, you might disagree as much as you want on the reliability of the 'Cumulus Toolbox but many people have had problems with the software, including myself, and on more than one operating system... :roll:

I have since moved to better supported software (or software that are still supported by their designers), ones that might not be specific to Cumulus, but ones that can do almost everything the Cumulus Toolbox can do and a lot more - I call that flexibility. ;)

As for any software, some will run perfectly and quite reliably on one computer and will crash every minutes on another computer ... and no one seems to be able to provide a solution... :(
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by captzero »

Hi Ray,
gemini06720 wrote:
I have since moved to better supported software (or software that are still supported by their designers), ones that might not be specific to Cumulus, but ones that can do almost everything the Cumulus Toolbox can do and a lot more - I call that flexibility.
What software might that be Ray? You often refer to or mention something in a post but give no details or specifics. I'd be interested in knowing what software you are using to replace Cumulus Toolbox. I'll happily swap over from CT and /or pay for a reliable alternative.
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.