Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Highcharts Graphs

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Highcharts Graphs

Post by mcrossley »

Try in the initialisation...

options.series[XXX].visible = false;
thekow
Weather Station: w1080
Operating System: Virtualbox XP environment

Post by thekow »

worked perfect.
CrasHBoneS
Weather Station: PCE-FWS20
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by CrasHBoneS »

I would like to a web page as
http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/highch ... Graphs.htm

I downloaded highcharts package
I already have a SQL database hosted on the web with a table named dayfile [not running on my PC]
Where do I start from?
What do I have to configure?

Thank You all
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Suggest you contact Mark by PM as you will have to ask him for the source of various pieces of .php code and jscripts to get it working.

Mark hasn't packaged this one up, unlike the realtime graphs, so you will have to play around with the code to get it to work. His dayfile table for instance is called DayData in the MySQL database and relies on it being updated once a day from the dayfile.txt file.
David
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

My Nearly Realtime graph for the first time since I installed it is showing rain (no rain for 6 days amazing) and I must say it looks really impressive with all 4 elements (rain, wind, temperature and pressure) plotted!!

Since I installed it I also switched from the Cumulus Toolbox 1 day realtime.txt file to Marks's little cmd.exe batch file as I was eating FTP bandwidth with the Toolbox method and his method creates a more compact file.

http://dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/index.htm to take a look!!
David
thekow

Post by thekow »

I'm starting to work on VERY slowly. Converting the whole lot of the data into highcharts form and rendered with bootstrap. So.. wish me luck as my JS is horrible at best.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I have put together a PHP script to query the realtime log table created by ImportCumulusFile.php in MySQL and return a JSON object for use by Highcharts (or anything else).

This version is based on my proposed ver 2.0 table structures, so will need a little 'tweaking' to work with ver 1.x tables.

If I go ahead with ImportCumulusFile ver 2.0, I'll include the final version of this script in the Wiki as well.

Source here...
http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/realti ... p?view=sce

The calling syntax is a little different to the realtimeLogParser.php, but the source code has an explanation and sample query.

Someone may find this useful?
thekow

Post by thekow »

Anyone know how i can load the my web tag data into JS so i can pull the data out to use as external files?
At the moment i am importing the PHP. Then i am injecting it into the JS. The problem is you can't save the Js into a separate file and call it into your page you have to have it on the source page you are calling. This makes it very messy.

Example

makechart.js

inside makechart.js it calls your realtime.txt (or webtags) then you can make a chart with the variables?

At the moment i have something like this:

name: 'Wind Speed',
data: [<? echo $wlatest; ?>],

I would like to make it so it's JS native

name: 'Wind Speed',
data: [windspeed],

I have tried to convert the realtimecumulus.js but as you know my JS is horrible at the moment.

Thanks.
meteotortosa
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by meteotortosa »

How can I install Highcharts Graphs on my web? I can't see any instruccions !!

Thanks,

Lluís

P.D.: for dummies, please :roll:
Weather in Tortosa (NE Spain), updated every 15'
Image Image
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

After getting these charts showing realtime info i decided to check my bandwidth useage. It's gone from 45MB a day to 300MB a day since adding this, the realtime.log is 180KB and it's only half way through the day, so uploading every one minute is rinsing the bandwidth, does this seem correct?

The other thing i noticed is that no info shows late at night. I logged on around 1am GMT and there was no data, it does the same every night.

Cheers.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Are you combining the realtime files into the log locally and then FTPing the combined file to the server?

Is there no way you could run the combination process on the web server - or import it into a MySQL database. Then you will only have the overhead of a PHP call to import the realtime file that has already been FTP'd.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote:Are you combining the realtime files into the log locally and then FTPing the combined file to the server?
Yeah. I've just had a word with the guy who owns the server and he's bumped my bandwidth up to 50GB a month, i've FTP'd 1GB in 6 days alone so i think that should cover it lol

Lucky i get all of this free. :lol: :oops:
thekow

Post by thekow »

Hey guys

I have historic charts running on my site. I have decided i wouldn't mind having the charts and tabular data on the same page. So the questions is: Since the historic php calls a JS script from the buttons (1 month etc) then in turn calls a PHP file. I was wondering how to call up my mysql query and get it to add the tabular data when the charts get updated.

Can i call two events on the click of the button????

I have all the mysql working in retrieving the data. I am just wondering what i should do to actually get the data returned to the page and where you would go about it. Would i call it in the php .. or call the script separately on click on the button.

Example of what i want to do

CHART (rainfall daily)

Data Table (selecting all dates with rain above 0mm)

2013-02-01 | 1mm
and so on.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I've set my near realtime cumulus graph to show 4 hours of data but it seems to show nothing after midnight. It's ok when i wake up, i'm yet to check if data appears after 4am though.
Is there a setting i've missed? Or could it be down to my hosting? They're in the USA so the timezones may be playing a part?

I did check Mark's site in the early hours and it's working fine.

Regards.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

I checked my error log today to find this ..

Code: Select all

[14-Feb-2013 19:49:48 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php:142) in /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php on line 153
[14-Feb-2013 19:49:48 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php:142) in /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php on line 154
[14-Feb-2013 19:49:48 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php:142) in /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php on line 155
[14-Feb-2013 19:56:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  gmmktime() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in /home/clifft/public_html/realtimeLogParser.php on line 142