Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Question

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Spider-Vice
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Question

Post by Spider-Vice »

So I have two sensors for my FO, the main one (Which the console doesn't detect anymore but that's not what the topic is about) and a spare one I got once. The spare one won't transmit the wind direction but it will transmit everything else. I am wondering why this could be, it's really odd.

Thanks.
NO0C
Weather Station: Weatherwise WS-2080
Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Question

Post by NO0C »

Perhaps your wind direction sensor and/or wiring from it to the transmitter is fubar.
Tim

"That makes sense to me, doesn't it?" - DUBYA
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

No, the original transmitter works fine. It's just the spare one that doesn't transmit the wind direction.
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Post by apenwith »

Hi
I would suspect the spring contacts in the transmitter RJ socket - either gone flat or corroded

Regards
Alan
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

Well, it's like that since I got it, oddly it does transmit wind speed but not its direction, as I said it works fine in the original one. Also inside the transmitter seems to be different aswell, maybe a different model? Hmm, I'm gonna have to compare carefully.
ejay
Weather Station: WH3081
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by ejay »

apenwith wrote:Hi
I would suspect the spring contacts in the transmitter RJ socket - either gone flat or corroded
Or even if the pins are bent. Also check the soldering on the board behind the RJ sockets.
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

Not that, it looks like it is a different version. On another hand, my FO has been puzzling me so much, it keeps failing with rain, but I know the signal gets down here because in some other places it gets the signal but then loses it. I'm 100% sure the transmitter isn't failing, if I go near it it works correctly, but I just can't seem to see why would rain disrupt the signal and sometimes it just won't come back even after 1-2 dry days...