Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative Monthly Extremes using <#webtag>s

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Alternative Monthly Extremes using <#webtag>s

Post by bnwrx »

beteljuice wrote:My script does not expect "---" !

Are these values you have modified / edited yourself, or supplied by Cumulus ?

As you can see the example database was Steves, which pre-dates the introduction of wet / dry days and there are no such (alpha char) entries.

It also makes a bit of a nonsense of your wet / dry periods !
Perhaps so, but we really do have LONG periods of dry days here and also get snow but no rain. A fact of my local climate and living at 9000' in a fairly arid zone(leeside of the mountains).I don't have a rain gauge with a heater and I don't want the plastic bits to crack in the winter from freeze/thaw cycles, so I basically take it "Offline" when snow season is here. I manually keep track of my snow amounts but don't convert it to moisture content in a way Cumulus can deal with it. I accept this, because I am quite happy with Cumulus for everything else. Thank you for your work with this and other Cumulus features...
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

steve wrote:If you just want Cumulus to process the file but not ftp it, then you need to give a file name on your PC for the remote file. The get Toolbox (or whatever) to ftp that file as required.
So basically i need to copy monthlyrecordT.htm and call it something else, then delete the contents of the original monthlyrecordT.htm so it doesn't upload a full file every 15 minutes?
But set a rule in Cumulus just to process the new filename, and have toolbox upload it once every 24hrs?

Regards.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Mapantz wrote:So basically i need to copy monthlyrecordT.htm and call it something else, then delete the contents of the original monthlyrecordT.htm so it doesn't upload a full file every 15 minutes?
But set a rule in Cumulus just to process the new filename, and have toolbox upload it once every 24hrs?
If you want to stop Cumulus uploading any of the 'standard' files individually, you probably need to delete the file from the web folder (rather than deleting the contents), otherwise it will probably upload a blank file instead. You'll get errors logged which you can ignore.
Steve
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

steve wrote:
Mapantz wrote:So basically i need to copy monthlyrecordT.htm and call it something else, then delete the contents of the original monthlyrecordT.htm so it doesn't upload a full file every 15 minutes?
If you want to stop Cumulus uploading any of the 'standard' files individually, you probably need to delete the file from the web folder (rather than deleting the contents), otherwise it will probably upload a blank file instead. You'll get errors logged which you can ignore.
Thank you Steve.

Regards.
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Alternative Monthly Extremes using <#webtag>s NL-Dutch versi

Post by nitrx »

This is the latest version in Dutch of the monthly record (V1.4)
betel-NL-monthlyrecordT.zip
After a great struggle I finally completed the Dutch - Nederlands translation of the Monthly-records table and lists by Betel.

Zip file attached note the links to the other pages should be manually edited if you refer to other html-pages.

Dutch:

Vertaling in het Nederlands van de extremen/record per maand in tabel en lijstvorm, de links in de pagina moeten handmatig gewijzigd worden wanneer ze naar een andere pagina zoals in het template verwijzen (12 of 13 keer) voorbeeld http://apeldoorn.tk/weer/betelrecord.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nitrx on Mon 21 May 2012 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Important Update - V1.3 https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 563#p63563

ARGGH !
Ron (nitrx) discovered a problem in the 'lists' style, where the value in EVERY month for Low Apparent temperature has been accidentally a duplication of that months HIGH Apparent temperature

Anyone using it "out-of-the-box" should download V1.3.

If you have downloaded nitrx Dutch version, that has been fixed.

If you have already done extensive modifications / translations ...

Look for the 'lists' section, then for EVERY Month ...
<tr class="td_temperature_data">
<td class="main_table_text_labels">Lowest&nbsp;Apparent&nbsp;Temperature </td>
<td class="right_align_indented"><#ByMonthAppTempH mon=3>&nbsp;<#tempunit></td>
<td class="right_align_indented"><#ByMonthAppTempLT mon=3 format="'day' dd, yyyy 'at' hh:mm"></td>
</tr>
Should be:
<tr class="td_temperature_data">
<td class="main_table_text_labels">Lowest&nbsp;Apparent&nbsp;Temperature </td>
<td class="right_align_indented"><#ByMonthAppTempL mon=3>&nbsp;<#tempunit></td>
<td class="right_align_indented"><#ByMonthAppTempLT mon=3 format="'day' dd, yyyy 'at' hh:mm"></td>
</tr>
Sorry everyone - obviously the beteljuices prof rooding skyls aren't what they once were !

Many thanks to Ron for all his hard work on the Dutch translation :clap:
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by bnwrx »

beteljuice wrote:
....Sorry everyone - obviously the beteljuices prof rooding skyls aren't what they once were !......
Let the Flogging Begin......... :lol:
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

steve wrote: If you want to stop Cumulus uploading any of the 'standard' files individually, you probably need to delete the file from the web folder (rather than deleting the contents), otherwise it will probably upload a blank file instead. You'll get errors logged which you can ignore.
Just messing around with this, i deleted the standard file, but Cumulus will always replace it with an empty one and upload it regardless.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Mapantz wrote:i deleted the standard file, but Cumulus will always replace it with an empty one and upload it regardless.
I thought it might.
Steve
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

steve wrote:
Mapantz wrote:i deleted the standard file, but Cumulus will always replace it with an empty one and upload it regardless.
I thought it might.
I'm a bit confused by it, because i've set a rule in Cumulus just to process ..

Local filenames: C:\Cumulus\web\mwz\monthlyrecordT.htm
Remote filenames: monthlyrecord.htm

And i end up with monthlyrecordT.htmltmp and then an empty monthlyrecord.htm in the web folder, and that empty file gets uploaded every 15 minutes. :lol:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you have 'include standard files' ticked, it processes and ftps the standard files. The (built in, third party) component which handles the processing of the template file copes with a missing input file but creates an empty output file, which Cumulus then ftps. Either call your web page something else, or untick 'use standard files' and list the files on the files tab.
Steve
liamcarbin
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7/8

Post by liamcarbin »

I've tried to set this up on my site however its not working.

At the moment I have got cumulus to process and then ftp it up to my website, before I have a play with toolbox. However the processed file doesn't contain any data? When viewing on my site it is blank with no values. http://www.abbeyhultonweather.com/alltime.html

Local file name - C:\Cumulus\web\betel_monthlyrecordT.htm
Remote File name - /alltime.html

What am I missing :?

Thanks, and great work on this
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Cumulus v1.9.2 (1031)
You are missing V1.9.3 !
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
liamcarbin
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7/8

Post by liamcarbin »

beteljuice wrote:
Cumulus v1.9.2 (1031)
You are missing V1.9.3 !
I cant seem to find V1.9.3, ive downloaded the latest release from the home page and in help about it says 1.9.2 build 1032. Still having problems.
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nitrx »

It's a beta in the announcement area over here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7341