Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

iCumulus help needed

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
gbru316
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows Vista X64

iCumulus help needed

Post by gbru316 »

I'm trying to configure iCumulus, but when viewing the site, all data values are reported as hash tags.

I verified everything is set up correctly, and searched the forum, finding another user with a similar issue. However, the fix they used isn't working for me.

site: http://www.neffsvillewx.hostoi.com/weather/iCumulus

remote filename: /public_html/weather/iCumulus/index.html

local filename: G:\Documents\Wx Cam Images\index.html

the cumulus data is uploaded via FTP to /public_html/weather, with the index.html being uploaded to the iCumulus folder within /public_html/weather.

I have checked both process? and FTP?

Where did I mess up?
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Re: iCumulus help needed

Post by gemini06720 »

I just looked at the original files - the 'index.html' file must be processed by Cumulus and then uploaded by Cumulus - I do not understand why you are not using Cumulus for the uploads!

If you look at the source code of the 'index.html' file, you will notice a large number of tags, such as (for example) '<#location>' - when Cumulus reads (processes) the 'index.html' file, it replaces all those tags with the appropriate values - so the '<#location>' tag is replaced with (for example) 'Neffsville, Pa Weather'.

I really do not recommend that you use the iCumulus file for your weather station current conditions page - the file are meant to be used by (displayed on) a cellular phone (iPhone) browser and not on a computer browser...

Have a look at my [link removed] page by clicking on the 'External Links' menu option (of the left-side menu) and then selecting the 'iCUmulus' option.

Note: The pages on my site are produced using PHP and HTML.
Last edited by gemini06720 on Sun 09 Jun 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbru316

Post by gbru316 »

I am using cumulus for my uploads, and I'm trying to set up iCumulus in addition to my PC site, for better iPhone integration.

The PC site works just fine, but iCumulus doesn't work. If you omit /iCumulus, you will be taken to the PC site which uses the standard cumulus site template.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I grabbed the source of your page, and got Cumulus to process and upload it, and the web tags were replaced by data.

If Cumulus is uploading that page, then it isn't being asked to process it. Did you manually upload an 'unprocessed' copy once, perhaps? Perhaps you have specified an incorrect remote path so the file isn't actually being uploaded. If you turn on ftp logging, then the ftplog.txt file will show any problems with the ftp part of the process.
Steve
gbru316

Post by gbru316 »

I think I might have Manually uploaded an unprocessed copy using an FTP program. I'll delete that, then let cumulus upload it when I get home.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

In that case the problem is likely to be that the ftp is failing because the path does not exist (assuming the local file does). Try it without the leading slash; absolute paths can cause problems for some ftp servers.
Steve
gbru316

Post by gbru316 »

Just got home and checked FTP log:

11:16:51:875 ! HighLevelAsync 0
11:16:51:931 TWSocket will connect to 31.170.161.16:19335
11:16:52:009 ! Data Session opened (Put)
11:16:52:009 FTP Command: STOR \public_html\weather\iCumulus\index.html
11:16:52:009 050469C0 TriggerDataSent 1020
11:16:52:009 050462B0 TriggerDataSent 1372
11:16:52:094 FTP Response: 553 Prohibited file name: \public_html\weather\iCumulus\index.html
11:16:52:094 >|553 Prohibited file name: \public_html\weather\iCumulus\index.html|

i tried changing iCumulus to iphone, thinking the capital C is throwing things off, still doesn't work.

It uploads the cumulus site template data just fine to /public_html/weather, it just won't upload anything else, as I'm getting the same "553 prohibited file name" error when I try to upload cumuluswebtags.php to /public_html/weather.

It's weird because the file names work just fine in filezilla, in fact, i just uploaded cumuluswebtags.txt (renamed to cumuluswebtags.php once uploaded) into /public_html/weather

Thinking it might be the processing that was messing things up, i tried disabling it, but that didn't work either.

If the leading slash was the problem, wouldn't it cause problems for the cumulus data as well, since that is being uploaded to /public_html/weather?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

gbru316 wrote:11:16:52:094 FTP Response: 553 Prohibited file name: \public_html\weather\iCumulus\index.html
Looks like you've used 'Windows style' backlashes instead of 'ftp/unix style' forward slashes.
Steve
gbru316

Post by gbru316 »

steve wrote:
gbru316 wrote:11:16:52:094 FTP Response: 553 Prohibited file name: \public_html\weather\iCumulus\index.html
Looks like you've used 'Windows style' backlashes instead of 'ftp/unix style' forward slashes.
that did it! Thanks! :clap:

i'm an FTP noob, and don't remember a whole lot of unix :bash:
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi there, please reply.

I have iCumulus on my computer and on my web server but everything has like <temp> in them and stuff Why? I'm also stuck on the actual Cumulus file bit where it says remote filename and local filename Help!!!

Will

http://www.newton-poppleford-weather.co.uk

:D
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

williamwilbur wrote:I have iCumulus on my computer and on my web server but everything has like <temp> in them and stuff Why?
If you have 'unprocessed' web tags in files on your web server, then either:

1. You uploaded the file yourself for some reason, or
2. you didn't tick the 'process' box, or
3. you edited the file with something which changed the '<' and '>' in the web tags into < and >, or
4. ...something else
Steve
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi Again,

I deleted iCumulus but have tried again. Still the same problem! I think it's something to do with the remote filename but I don't know what it is! Just guess work!

Thanks

Will