Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hi All

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Budgie
Weather Station: LaCrosse WS2300 & Davis VP2

Hi All

Post by Budgie »

Thought I'd better pop in here and introduce myself.
Some of you know me from other forums but for those who don't then here's a little history:

I got into weather related things about 16 years ago when part of my daily job was as an aux' met observer, did a weeks course at the UK Met Office collage in Reading and for the next 7 years I was doing 3 hourly Obs. Then I moved to the Isle of Lewis and, I wasn't working at a reporting station any more, the weather sort of fell by the wayside until I got my WS2300 about 5 years ago.
In March 2007 I discovered Weather Display and started my own weather website, which has grown to include a Boltek Lightning detector, a 1-Wire solar sensor, WXSim forecasts and I've just updated the WS2300 to a Davis wireless VP2.

Earlier this year I, with support from others I've seen on here, started the Scottish Weather Network which now has 23 personal weather stations allowing us to use their data on a map.
This is the reason I'm now here.
Cumulus has grown in popularity and it was one software program that wasn't supported on the network. The owner of the Nordic Weather Network put together some new code that would allow us to use data from the realtime.txt file and I downloaded Cumulus today and linked it to my old WS2300 as a test bed for the network.
We now have our first Cumulus user on the Network and all seems to be going fine.

So congrats to Steve on a nice bit of programming that I intend to keep running on my PC. :D
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Re: Hi All

Post by aadal »

Welcome and Hi from Norway ;)
  • Windows Vista

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Hello and welcome!

Are you having any problems with rainfall and Cumulus, with your WS2300? Someone who is emailing me keeps getting the traditional sudden jump in daily total with theirs and I can't quite work out why.

Steve
Budgie
Weather Station: LaCrosse WS2300 & Davis VP2

Post by Budgie »

The main page is fine and has reported the correct amount of rainfall for the day.
The Rain Today graph is fine and goes up in steps as it should.
The Daily Rain graph is a block either side of midnight and upto the 0.5 level on the left hand scale, I've recorded 3.6mm of rain so far today though.

All the data is here if it helps: http://www.hebrides-photos.com/weather/ ... /index.htm
skyewright
Weather Station: WMR200+928>RFXCOM>Meteohub

Post by skyewright »

Budgie wrote:All the data is here if it helps: http://www.hebrides-photos.com/weather/ ... /index.htm
Wind Run 77.5 nm
I realise it's been pretty calm today, but less than 80 nanometers of wind run!

Ah. I see. Nautical Miles. :D :lol:
Regards
David

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Thanks. I'm coming to the conclusion that this other problem is the station reporting a zero total for a while and then going back to the correct reading.

Steve