Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Just a thought?

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Just a thought?

Post by harrym1byt »

Steve,

For purposes of your diagnosing problems -

Might it be worth while - For those outputting their data to a website, to have all the usernames and URL's in one single list?
I would also find it useful for comparing data.

Might it not also be worth while for the version (or beta #) of Cumulus to be included automatically on the website?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Just a thought?

Post by steve »

There's the map of users: http://sandaysoft.com/maps - did you not know about that?

Not sure what you mean about including the version of Cumulus - the standard web pages do include the version (but not the build).

Steve
harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

I had spotted the Version on the web page, but would it be more useful to you if it included the build as well?

Yes, I knew about the map and I'm on it, but not many of the Cumulus stations are subscribed. I was really thinking along the lines of a simple text list to make your access to the stations data a bit easier for debugging purposes. Something like :-

User Station Type Location Web Page
__________________________________________________________________________________
harrym1byt FO Garforth, UK http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/m1byt/weather/index.htm

If everyone were to add their own line to the above list, by copy and paste?
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

Most seem to be already in their profile. Surely that would be the best way for Steve and others to access sites - just put your URL in your profile.
Dave
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

P.S - I see yours isn't :)
harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

Is that better? :roll:

I just thought all together in a single list might make it easier for Steve to scan through to see the results of his efforts.
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

I just thought all together in a single list might make it easier for Steve to scan through to see the results of his efforts.
Have you scrolled down below the map on the Usermap page? There is a list there.

The info on the map page is already in a list. Its actually in a flat plain text text file containing 5 fields (Name, country, Lattitude, Longitude, URL). The data used for the map is generated from that list to an XML file that Google maps uses to display the markers. Below the map is a list of sites sorted from the list by Country and Site name which is actually dynamically generated from the flat file not the XML file.

That data can be regenerated into almost any format if needed.

The biggest issue of any list is getting people to submit their info. Some may not be interested, others simple haven't done it.

Currently 55 sites have submitted their info which is pretty good for the amount of time the product is out and how long the list itself has existed.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

TNETWeather wrote:Currently 55 sites have submitted their info which is pretty good for the amount of time the product is out and how long the list itself has existed.
I have to admit that I'm quite surprised. I wasn't sure about the idea of a map when it was first suggested, as I imagined there would be an embarrassingly small number of sites on it. But 55 is quite pleasing.

And you're doing a great job keeping it up to date. I occasionally manage to sneak in and add one myself, but 99% of the time you've already done it - many thanks.

Steve
goldrush
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081

Post by goldrush »

Just a point, I have just submitted my site details.
The system would only accept longitude in decimal format it kept giving error... "longitude coordinates missing when I used degree format.
(It would accept latitude in degree format)
franciscus
Weather Station: National Geographic -Fine Offset

Post by franciscus »

I had a similar problem. It would not accept longitude (I think) in degrees, minutes. Once I submitted in decimal, it was fine.
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

There are a couple bugs in both the Entry form (as noted above) and in the Management form in the back end as well as I'm sure Steve has noted. I will also be updating the map page a bit to adjust some of the map views and add a few more (UK, Canada for example).

I will also attempt again to figure out how to allow Unicode without it messing up MSIE which doesn't like Unicode in XML files and prevents the markers from showing if it is in the data.

I need to set the stuff up here, and then send it over to Steve to install on his site since I don't have access to his server to update the code.