Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wundergroun

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Re: Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wundergroun

Post by gemini06720 »

The two missing files that the scrip is reporting (and there will be more) are 'Settings.php' and 'common.php', two files that are specific to the 'Weather Display/PHP/AJAX Website Template Set' used under Weather Display. Instead of using 'wxwugraphs.php' (which is specifically written for the aforementioned template set) you should try using 'wugraphs.php' which is a stand-alone version.

I have tried for the past days to get the graphics going under both Weather Display and Cumulus and have nothing! :evil:
hve22
Weather Station: Alecto WS 4000 /TFA NExus
Operating System: Win XP SP2

Post by hve22 »

So far i've been trying to get it started but if i use wugraphs.php instead of wxwugraphs.php i get also several php errors....
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

hve22 wrote:So far i've been trying to get it started but if i use wugraphs.php instead of wxwugraphs.php i get also several php errors....
I know, I have been staring at the code for the past days... But at the very least, using the stand-alone PHP script 'wugraphs.php' will eliminate the errors produced by scripts you do not have using Cumulus... ;)
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nitrx »

Well I don't use weatherdisplay software and indeed use the standaloneversion for problems you should contact the author :mrgreen:
hve22

Post by hve22 »

gemini06720 wrote:
hve22 wrote:So far i've been trying to get it started but if i use wugraphs.php instead of wxwugraphs.php i get also several php errors....
I know, I have been staring at the code for the past days... But at the very least, using the stand-alone PHP script 'wugraphs.php' will eliminate the errors produced by scripts you do not have using Cumulus... ;)

Well while using wugraphs.php i get the error

"There is not enough data for this period yet. Please, choose another dag."

while i know that there is data available on wunderground......

Strange that it isn't working on my site...

Is there a setting which i've missed in the wug-settings.php?
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Did you fill out the start date in the settings ? I get it sometimes too , sometimes de data aren't yet updated on wunderground
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

nitrx wrote:Well I don't use weatherdisplay software and indeed use the standaloneversion for problems you should contact the author :mrgreen:
But, but, I do not see the graphics on your Web site... :twisted:

And I cannot bother the author for a script I cannot get going - obviously it was not meant to go on my site... :twisted:
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

hve22 wrote:Well while using wugraphs.php i get the error

Have you created the 'cache' directory - this is the directory into which the WeatherUnderground data files are suppose to be downloaded/stored. I have some files in that 'cache' directory but, still, the scripts will neither read them nor display them... :evil:
hve22

Post by hve22 »

nitrx wrote:Did you fill out the start date in the settings ? I get it sometimes too , sometimes de data aren't yet updated on wunderground
Yeah, i've been uploading the data to wunderground since 06 okt 2010 (so 4 days), and they are visible when i log on to wunderground and view my station.

The datepicker of wugraphs displays the correct starting date [i've set it to 07 okt 2010] but still give the above mentioned error......

Strange
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

I don't know the url's of your wugraphs, you also must be sure there's no frewall on the server blockking some incoming traffic.

Try another station name in the settings ( I think the author has included his wustation id included in the settings file) the db folder should have chmod 777 permissions
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

gemini06720 wrote:
hve22 wrote:Well while using wugraphs.php i get the error

Have you created the 'cache' directory - this is the directory into which the WeatherUnderground data files are suppose to be downloaded/stored. I have some files in that 'cache' directory but, still, the scripts will neither read them nor display them... :evil:
I've ineserted your wu ID temporly and the graphs show up http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weer/wugraphs.php , will remove it tonight
hve22

Post by hve22 »

nitrx wrote:I don't know the url's of your wugraphs, you also must be sure there's no frewall on the server blockking some incoming traffic.

Try another station name in the settings ( I think the author has included his wustation id included in the settings file) the db folder should have chmod 777 permissions

I think i know what the problem is.

Several webhosting providers do not allow the php setting "allow_url_fopen" set to on, due to security reasons.
This is also with my webhosting provider...... :x

Which webhosting provider doesn't have this restriction????
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Well I don't know what the problem is I host in the US for only USD 36 a year (about 25 EURO I think it's alost equal in UK-Pounds) this price is included a domain-name I've 10 domains on one account (max = 20) total 250 gigabytes traffic a month and no exclusions in php.

I've set the station back to mine
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS

Re: Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wunderg

Post by captzero »

Monthly data bug fix.....
For the first few days of each new month the data along the x-axis in the monthly graphs displays in 'Hours' instead of 'Days'.

This can be fixed by modifying the monthly graph php files, ie graphm1a.php....graphm2a.php.... graphm3a.php, etc (located in your wxwugraphs folder on your server)

Using a suitable html editor (notepad++ or similar) modify the xAxis properties to include a 'tick interval' and format the date/time value to 'day':

I have modified my graphm1a.php file to look like this:

Code: Select all

?>
xAxis: {
            type: 'datetime',			
			tickInterval: 24 * 3600 * 1000, // 1 day (24 hours)
			dateTimeLabelFormats: {
			day: '%e '
            },
             maxZoom: <?php echo $maxZoomMonth; ?> * 24 * 3600000			 
         },
yAxis:
It seems to work with the Monthly - Temp, Hum, Dew Pt, Baro, Wind and Precipitation graphs.

I don't have solar or UV sensors so no idea if this will work with those graphs.

My knowledge of php is limited but this worked for me and it updated and populated a new day overnight. (I'm using my weather underground data)

The script author says this bug is fixed in the next release of WU Graphs but its yet to be released.

Cheers
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.