Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cannot find realtime.txt

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
pgils
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68750
Operating System: Windows Vista

Cannot find realtime.txt

Post by pgils »

Hi,

Even if all things looks good on mt Website (www.pgils.dk) - i still cannot see anything that looks like realtime.txt anywhere.
I found an old file from 3-4 days ago named realtime.txt, and that is all i see.

In my Instruments it also names the date as 15 april, even if i have realtime update checked in my settings.

Do i need manually to specify the file realtime.txt in the files section ??

If so - i am having problems as i stated - i cannot find the file.

Any help ??

Apart from that all looks VERY good
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cannot find realtime.txt

Post by steve »

All you need to do to get the realtime.txt file uploaded is to tick 'enable realtime' in the internet settings. Perhaps you have specified the ftp directory incorrectly - it is possible, because of the different ways that the 'normal' and 'realtime' ftp work, for the path that you specify to work OK for normal ftp but not for realtime. But the fact that you have an out of date realtime.txt file in the correct place suggests that this is not the case.

Could you turn on ftp logging, wait a few minutes, and then attach the realtimeftp.log file here, please?
Steve
pgils

Post by pgils »

Hi Steve,

Thanaks for th very fast reply.

Ftplog is on, and i include the log here.

I am on my other PC when i am on the Net, i have a dedicated PC for Weather only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It seems to log in but not send anything, and then after 30 minutes the ftp server times out the connection, so Cumulus logs in again, and again doesn't send anything. Perhaps it's getting an error trying to create the realtime.txt file - or do you have anything listed on the files tab with realtime ticked?

Could you turn on the debug log, leave it 10 minutes, and upload the debug.log file, please?
Steve
pgils

Post by pgils »

Hi Steve,

Just turned Debug off and back on again, because it had grown to 4128kb, maybe too big to look through.
Will send it to you when it has been running for a little while.

And YES, i have files in the tab, but maybe not nessessare ??
the files are gauges.htm today.htm yesterday.htm record.hgtm trends.htm and last moon.bmp.
All in realtime

Other than that i have a copy og images to a folder in realtime too.

Maybe it's here my problem is ??
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

pgils wrote:Just turned Debug off and back on again, because it had grown to 4128kb, maybe too big to look through.
Will send it to you when it has been running for a little while.
Did you delete the file? Turning debug off and on again doesn't delete the file. And note that running with debug turned on all the time may cause problems eventually.
And YES, i have files in the tab, but maybe not nessessare ??
the files are gauges.htm today.htm yesterday.htm record.hgtm trends.htm and last moon.bmp.
All in realtime

Other than that i have a copy og images to a folder in realtime too.

Maybe it's here my problem is ??
Possibly. But if you really want that doing at the realtime interval rather than the 'normal' interval, then I guess it should work. But I don't really understand why you have it set up that way?
Steve
pgils

Post by pgils »

Hi Steve,

Just thought it was nessesary to have those files transferred, so now i will remove them from files list and see what it does to realtime.txt.

Will the automatic transfer also transfer the file moon.bmp ?? - or should i leave that in the transfer file.

And i will turn off the realtime mode too for the file and leave realtime checked in the station setup only.

Here is my debug.log if it's of any help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It looks like it had some sort of error doing the realtime upload, and has got 'stuck':

2552.81706 : 16:13:59 Realtime FTP already putting

The standard setup transfers all of the files necessary for the 'standard' web site without having to list anything in the files section. You would normally only use the files section if you are creating your own web pages (with names different from the standard ones). And normally, you wouldn't want them uploading at the realtime interval, which typically would be every few seconds.

It looks like you have modified the standard templates. If they are still called indexT.htm etc, and are still in the "web" folder, then you don't need anything listing at all in the files section. I suspect that the combination of options you were selecting caused Cumulus a problem the first time it tried to do an update, and is now stuck. You probably need to restart Cumulus to get the realtime.txt upload working again.
Steve
pgils

Post by pgils »

:clap: I am alltogether a happy man et the moment.

Steve - i followed the advice, and removed the files, so now the realtime gauges are working and it looks like realtime is working perfect for me.

One question that is not related to this: in the column where it states archived data read, there's notning, and i can see from my weatherstation that it keeps getting filled with data.
Will Cumulus empty these or do i just leave it as it is, as i have read that the station works in circular ways, so that when memory is full it starts from beginning again and overwrites old data.

Best regards, and thanks for all the help, i can now start to redisign the web interface to put more things into it.

pgils
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

pgils wrote:One question that is not related to this: in the column where it states archived data read, there's notning, and i can see from my weatherstation that it keeps getting filled with data.
Will Cumulus empty these or do i just leave it as it is, as i have read that the station works in circular ways, so that when memory is full it starts from beginning again and overwrites old data.
Cumulus downloads the archived data at startup to fill in the missing period since it last ran (if any). It doesn't then download any archive data while it's running; it doesn't need to. Actuallly, because of the way these stations work, downloading 'live' data is exactly the same as downloading archive data.

You're right that the data memory is (conceptually) circular and there's no need to clear it.
Steve