Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

I need help after updating CMX and Cutils

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

Juan Maria Vilaro
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows !0

I need help after updating CMX and Cutils

Post by Juan Maria Vilaro »

Good evening, I have updated CumulusMX to the latest version and it is working correctly, I have also updated Cumulusutils to version 7.02, apparently all the parameters are working except the graphics on the home screen, I have tried to understand and follow the instructions but I have not been able to solve it Mr. Hans, I am providing you with my URL in case you would like to help me fix the error.
https://www.badameteo.com/CumulusMX/FWI ... charts.txt
As you will see, the graphics do not appear.
Thank you very much, receive a cordial greeting
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: I need help after updating CMX and Cutils

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
First thing is to update to Version 7.0.3

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Hi Juan,

Although Paul's suggestion is good - upgrading to the latest version is always a good idea! - that is not the issue here.

You are using the old Home charts system and apparently that does not initialise correctly.
After 10 minutes with the refresh the Charts start to work properly.
I have to look into that and fix the bug.

-----

You could also move to the new charts system. In that case please:
  1. Copy CutilsCharts-default-for-use.def in you distribution directory to CutilsCharts.def in your utils directory
  2. Run your CUtils website command without Thrifty
You now activated the new Home charts through the ChartsCompiler and everything should work though the charts may look a bit different.

NOTES:
  1. CutilsCharts.def is the file where the user defines the charts. See the Wiki
  2. The Chart-ID (what you see in the drop-down menu) is by default in English and needs to be given in Spanish by yourself in the CutilsCharts.def
  3. The title of the chart is default in English and needs to be translated in Spanish by yourself in the CutilsCharts.def
  4. All other translations should be automatic through your language file.
If any issue let me know.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Juan,

I see that you went back to version CMX 3 / CUtils 6

Does that mean you do not wish to upgrade?
Hans

Juan Maria Vilaro
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows !0

Post by Juan Maria Vilaro »

Good morning Hans, I would have liked to update, but other derived problems have appeared, as you know I use WxSim, because when updating automatically it has stopped working because it cannot read the data, Cumulusutils was also giving me some problems, since I do not have I had enough knowledge of how the programs work and to not lose data, so I decided to reinstall what, yes, was working.
When in the next updates I understand everything I have to do, I will try again, although given my limited computer knowledge I can't quite see the difference between the old version and the new one, unless the explanations are more understandable.
I am extremely grateful for your help and I have no doubt that you will continue to help me in future changes.
Thank you very much Hans
HansR

Post by HansR »

Juan Maria Vilaro wrote: Tue 28 May 2024 6:41 am Good morning Hans, I would have liked to update, but other derived problems have appeared, as you know I use WxSim, because when updating automatically it has stopped working because it cannot read the data, Cumulusutils was also giving me some problems, since I do not have I had enough knowledge of how the programs work and to not lose data, so I decided to reinstall what, yes, was working.
When in the next updates I understand everything I have to do, I will try again, although given my limited computer knowledge I can't quite see the difference between the old version and the new one, unless the explanations are more understandable.
I am extremely grateful for your help and I have no doubt that you will continue to help me in future changes.
Thank you very much Hans
Good morning Juan,

OK.

The big difference between CMX v3 and v4 is that v4 runs under dotnet, mono is out. You need to read this post before you do an upgrade. If any question do not hesitate to ask. The future is with CMX v4.

If you have CMX running correctly under dotnet it means you have installed everything properly and you can continue.

For CUtils, you need to install v7 (or higher). Before doing so, please read this post.

For WxSim, please update. I have no knowledge of WxSim but I know it has been updated for dotnet as well. If any issue others on the forum can help you, maybe the author of WxSim can on his own channel(s).

It may seem complex at first but it really comes down to installing dotnet and adjusting some procedures.
You may want to try any steps on a testmachine if you have one available.

Take your time and the best advise is: don't hesitate to ask, if I am not around others are ;)
Hans