Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception with Psat2008 in RECENT pwsFWI and avp

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

lse-cumulus
Weather Station: Fine Offset Ecowitt
Operating System: Windows 11

Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception with Psat2008 in RECENT pwsFWI and avp

Post by lse-cumulus »

Hi Hans,
sporadically (like now) I have an issue with CU Home not displaying the chart in the Report window, but requiring a manual chart selection. Usually the issue disappears by itself, but I could not track down the rootcause.
  • I learned that issues with the Home button can be seen in the F12 chrome browser console, and there I find jqueury error messages
  • I tested all my charts from CutilsCharts.def and exactly two (2) of them are not loading: RecentPwsFWI and RecentVapourPressure (although these charts have beeen working before and will be in the future when issue disappears)
  • these charts have the Psat2008 equation in common
  • I suspect that the issue is related to my data, but I could not see errors in the logfiles (neither in MXdiags nor in utilslog), and tempdata.json looks fine (I was assuming both charts in question are using these json data as input)
F12 Console Output:

Code: Select all

When starting webiste or selecting Home:

Succes in Ajax Graphconfig
jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1')
    at Array.<anonymous> (<anonymous>:1:14008)
    at e (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js:2:30038)
    at t (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js:2:30340) undefined
S.Deferred.exceptionHook @ jquery.min.js:2
t @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:2
c @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
l @ jquery.min.js:2
load (async)
send @ jquery.min.js:2
ajax @ jquery.min.js:2
WindBarbsAjax @ VM129:1
InitCumulusCharts @ VM129:1
(anonymous) @ cumulusutils.js:1
load (async)
LoadUtilsReport @ cumulusutils.js:1
onclick @ Wetterstation.Suttenbrunn.CumulusMX/:1
jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1')
    at t (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js:2:30340) undefined
S.Deferred.exceptionHook @ jquery.min.js:2
t @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
s.<computed> @ jquery.min.js:2
Promise.then (async)
I @ jquery.min.js:2
when @ jquery.min.js:2
InitCumulusCharts @ VM129:1
(anonymous) @ cumulusutils.js:1
load (async)
LoadUtilsReport @ cumulusutils.js:1
onclick @ Wetterstation.Suttenbrunn.CumulusMX/:1

When selecting RecentPwsFWI:

Creating chart: Actual PWS Fire Weather Index
VM129:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1')
    at RecentPwsFWIAddSeries (<anonymous>:1:21497)
    at <anonymous>:1:47150
RecentPwsFWIAddSeries @ VM129:1
(anonymous) @ VM129:1
Promise.then (async)
doRecentPwsFWI @ VM129:1
handleChange0 @ VM129:1
(anonymous) @ VM129:1
dispatch @ jquery.min.js:2
v.handle @ jquery.min.js:2
handleMouseUp_ @ unknown

when selecting RecentVaporPressure:

Creating chart: Actual Vapour Pressure August-Roche-Magnus Eqn 1980/2008/SubZero (Dampfdruck)
VM129:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1')
    at RecentVapourPressureAddSeries (<anonymous>:1:23073)
    at <anonymous>:1:49137
extract from CutilsCharts.def:

Equations
; Water Vapour Saturation Pressure according to the August-Roche-Magnus equation for the 1980 version, the 2008 version and the sub-zero version
  Psat2008 EVAL [ 6.112 * EXP(17.62*Temperature/(243.12+Temperature)) ]
  Psat2008ALL EVAL [ 6.112 * EXP(17.62*AverageTemp/(243.12+AverageTemp)) ]
  Psat1980 EVAL [ 6.1094 * EXP(17.625*Temperature/(243.04+Temperature)) ]
  PsatSub0 EVAL [ 6.112 * EXP(22.46*Temperature/(272.62+Temperature)) ]

; Actual Vapour Pressure
  Avp Eval [ Humidity / 100 * Psat2008 ]

Chart RecentPwsFWI Title Actual PWS Fire Weather Index
  Plot RECENT pwsFWI Eval [ Psat2008 * (1 - Humidity/100)*WindSpeed ] As spline Axis Free Colour Orange
EndChart

Chart RecentVapourPressure Title Actual Vapour Pressure August-Roche-Magnus Eqn 1980/2008/SubZero (Dampfdruck)
  Plot Temperature
  Plot Psat2008 Eval [ Psat2008 ] Axis Free
  Plot Psat1980 Eval [ Psat1980 ] Axis Free
  Plot PsatSub0 Eval [ PsatSub0 ] Axis Free
  Plot Avp Eval [ Avp ] Axis Free
EndChart
extract from 2403240100cumulusutils.log:

2024-03-24 01:00:10.895 utils/CutilsCharts.def exists and its content is valid so: Generating User Defined cumuluscharts.txt
2024-03-24 01:00:10.906 Compiler - CodeGen: cumuluscharts.txt
extract from 20240323-000000.log:

2024-03-24 00:15:03.082 PHP[Int]: Upload to tempdata.json: Response code = 200: OK
2024-03-24 00:15:03.082 PHP[Int]: Upload to tempdata.json: Response text follows:
Unzipping data
Opening text file tempdata.json for appending
Appending text file tempdata.json
Writing text file tempdata.json
Write complete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo

Ecowitt GW2000/WS90/Wittboy/GW1000/WS2910/WH65/WH31/WH34S/WH41/WH45/WH51/WH57/HP10/WN35
AWEKAS/CWOP/PWS/Weathercloud/Windy/WOW/WU/WxSim/CMX/CU
http://leonas.ddns.net/Wetterstation.Su ... CumulusMX/

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception with Psat2008 in RECENT pwsFWI and avp

Post by HansR »

Hi Leo,

I just looked at your site and expected this post already ;)
  1. The log you send is the daily website run of 1h00 at midnight. There is no issue there, everything is (or seems) OK. One thing though: apparently you do not use thrifty. That is a choice but if your dataseries becomes larger I really do advise to put THRIFTY in that command. It will highly reduce the nr of files it uploads and reduces the data series length.
  2. The problem is CUtils runtime system starts reading the data and encounters an error somewhere. It is mostly caused by a data storage/fetch error and series errors in the datafiles. But in your case it goes deeper (see next point)
  3. Deep down debugging, it fails on

Failed to execute 'querySelectorAll' on 'Document': 'input:radio[name="rad_unitsTemp"]' is not a valid selector.
    which later is repeated for rad_unitsRain, rad_unitsWind, rad_unitsPress and rad_unitsCloud. When removing all breakpoints it fails on another point in jQuery. And only in jQuery.
  4. Checking the data reads it does all seem to be OK. So in summary there is an error in jQuery. I have two questions:
    1. Did you change the installation
    2. or try to do some upgrade of a library?
  5. Could you post the logfile for the UserAskedData command (to verify there is no data issue)
I can see all charts seem OK but the first chart needs to be selected by selecting on the menu, it does not show up automatically because of the javascript error in jQuery. Since you are the only one having this issue, it must be in your installation. You could start by trying a full reinstallation of CUtils (from the distribution, then run website).

NOTE: While debugging I noticed that the debugger - in your situation - comes up with jQuery 3.1.1. That is very strange since CUtils explicitly uses jQuery 3.6.0 (every module has the line

<script src=\"https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js\" type=\"text/javascript\"></script>
So it seems there is some change in the installation somewhere. That leads to a question which should be resolved first before diving into data analysis as all errors have to do with querySelector in the jQuery library. We must first focus on that issue.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
lse-cumulus

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception with Psat2008 in RECENT pwsFWI and avp

Post by lse-cumulus »

Hi Hans,
some history of my private changelog:
  • on 2.3.2024 I upgraded to CMX build 3282; replaced the CMX-webroot/lib/jqueury files jquery.tmpl.js and jquery-latest.min.js
  • 3.3.2024 upgrade to CU v6.23.6. and switched from upload.php to SFTP
  • 9.3.2024 fixed my custom Logs datafile issue with blank between webtags
  • 10.3.2024 activated upload.php again; all running fine; tested all CU pages with F12 Console succesfully
  • should be unrelated: 16.3.2024: changed some wxsim php scripts and replaced some font references with local font files in wxsim CSS subfolder, unrelated to CMX and CU CSS directory
  • should be unrelated: 16.3.2024: adapted some CU User Reports
  • 16.3.2024: made some updates in CUStringsEN.INI and set UserModificationCustomLogsCharts=true in cumulusutils.ini and made some updates to CutilsCharts.def for RecentSolar graph and CustomLog charts; first appearance of issue with chart not automatically refreshing via Home button; got jqueury error and saved it (see Code). But problem disappeared by itself (did only some further chart modifications in CutilsCharts.def) and therefore I did not pay attention to jquery issue and did not report it
  • 18.3.2024: Home button working fine
  • during work week 19.3. to 22.3.2024 when I have no access to my CMX/CU PC and therefore made no update to the installation, the jqueury problem re-appeared again and has so far not disappeared
  • 23.3.2024 posted jqueury issue
To me it looks like the CMX/CU Upgrade on 3.3.2024 was fine, and problem was introduced later when i started changing the CutilsCharts.def (but making no other changes to the installation and .js files).

Saved jquery error from 16.3.2024:

"Query.Deferred exception: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '1')
    at t (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js:2:30340) undefined"
CU Website command replaces a number of 8 .js files on CU-Webroot/lib (like HighChartsDefault.js, CUGraph.rose.js. CUgauges.js, ...), but I do not see a jquery*.js file in that directory. Does CU use the jquery*.js from my CMX-webroot/lib?
I also see 6x .js files without CU*-prefix in CU-webroot/lib from the installation date 3.3.2024 that have not been replaced since (like gauges.js, ...)
Attached the logfile from CU UserAskedData command.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo

Ecowitt GW2000/WS90/Wittboy/GW1000/WS2910/WH65/WH31/WH34S/WH41/WH45/WH51/WH57/HP10/WN35

HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Leo,

With UserAskedData all seems well.

Wrt the libraries it is clear that on the server there is only what you upload for the website. If you upload the CMX website to the same server directory as you use for the CUtils website it should not interfere with each other (some other people do the same).

For libraries which could cause confusion in name but which are or may be different for CUtils have been renamed to CU<filename> so no interference can take place (e.g. gauges.js has been modified and renamed to CUgauges.js).

For some libraries CUtils uses the version from the CDN. This is the case for jQuery.js which I take from

https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0
as can be seen in my previous answer. As far as I can see - if you use the CMX website as wel on the same directory - you would have a local version of the CMX copy of jQuery in the lib/jQuery directory. That is 3.6.0 as well but may differ slightly, I don't know, never looked at it. However CUtils does not ever refer to that local jQuery version at all so the CMX website and the CUtils website will never interfere even if used beside each other or used at the same time.

I have no idea where the 3.1.1 jQuery version comes from when I debug your site.

The mods you describe in your post have no influence and the logfiles do not show illegal mods of CutilsCharts.def. So from my point of view everything is OK. The only problem is while running there is a problem with jQuery. That is why I advised to reinstall CUtils. The libraries are copied to the server if they exist in the installation directory when using the website command. But even if you reinstall, the jQuery lib used will be the same from the CDN reference.

I am out of options and answers.
From my point of view you will have to find out why the refresh of the page breaks where it does as indicated in the screenshot below.
    Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

And anybody else having an idea about this is invited to comment.
    Hans

lse-cumulus

Post by lse-cumulus »

Thx for your efforts Hans,
    I will try to find out where that jquery-3.1.1.min.js comes from.
    Maybe I will re-install CU or copy files from the original install directory; but not before next weekend; so let's see if error remains persistent ...

For clarification: I am operating CU not in the identical webroot as CMX, but in a subdirectory on the weberver.
    So from www perspective the directory structure is this:
    CMX webroot = http://leonas.ddns.net/
    CU webroot = http://leonas.ddns.net/Wetterstation.Su ... CumulusMX/ (naming is historically and should be CumulusUtils to avoid confusion)

from a server (sftp) perspective, there is /web directory involved too:
    CMX webroot = leonas.ddns.net/web/
    CU webroot = leonas.ddns.net/web/Wetterstation.Suttenbrunn.CumulusMX/

As expected based on your problem description: it did not help to rewind back to my previous CutilsCharts.def and setting UserModificationCustomLogsCharts=false. Ater CU Website the result was the same: two of my charts are not working and cause the jquery error.
    Therfore I kept my latest CutilsCharts.def with my specific settings for custom log charts.
    Leo

HansR

Post by HansR »

Can you reproduce the error I show in the screenshot yourself. Because it is javascript, it is displayed and generated on the client so you may see something else! Another thing to pay attention to is the Adobe Acrobat thing shown in the screenshot. Do you see the same in reproducing the error (just do F12, tick the two break possibilities in the right screen and refresh the page. That should show the moment it breaks it may differ from time to time because of javascript async timing differences)

Why is it suddenly breaking on a javascript error in the context of Adobe Acrobat?
    It does not give any handle to act upon.
    Hans

lse-cumulus

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception [suddenly disappeared?]

Post by lse-cumulus »

• in my chrom browser I saw in the F12 Console when debugging with breakpoints: no adobe, and jqueury.min.js (without -3.1.1) from ajax.googleaps.com/libs/jquery/3.6.0
    • see attached screenshot: before (bad)
    leo.screenshot.F12.console.jqueury.png
    • it was still not working arround 15:00/CET and i was just planning to make a test with removing my two problematic charts from CutilsCharts.def ...
    • now arround 16:00/CET (before I made any CutilsCharts.def changes) it suddenly works again! no jqueury or any other error messages in F12 console of chrome.
    • And I did not change anything in my CU installation; was busy in the meantime with other stuff on the internet and in that context just tried another user on my PC, deleted browser cache and made PC reboot, ...
    • then I came back to CU website and saw that it was working as it should
    • no new CU Website command issued, just hourly in the background the CU UseraskedData and all 15 minutes the CMX upload.php
    • the two charts RecentPwsFWI and RecentVapourPressure are woring fine
    • So I am curious if it works also now in your browser client, hans, as my browser tampering and PC reboot should not affect your browser ...
    • I am happy that it works again, but I have no idea about the root cause of the problem and the sudden solution (guess problem might re-appear again in the future)
    leo.Screenshot 2024-03-24 164053.success.png
    Leo

HansR

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception [suddenly disappeared?]

Post by HansR »

lse-cumulus wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2024 3:52 pm So I am curious if it works also now in your browser client, hans, as my browser tampering and PC reboot should not affect your browser ...[/list]
    Yes, everything is fine here too. When accessing your site the first chart loads flawlessly. :clap:
    It indeed leaves us with the question what and why.

On the other hand: we sleep well tonight :D
    Hans

lse-cumulus

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js: [solved with resend of alldailytempdata.json data]

Post by lse-cumulus »

hans,
    i had a good night's sleep, but I also thought about my special environment and what could cause this issue that appeared and disappeared.
    And I think I already have an idea about the root cause: should be unrelated to CU, seems also unrelated to jqueury topic (is only reporting the real issue in a confusing way), but is related to my json data files (and maybe to my upload.php).

I made a backtracking why it suddenly worked again and I found the answer for that: I made a reboot of my PC yesterday 16:00; this caused CMX to stop and restart and that caused (as I found out later), that CMX provided three (3) json file updates to my CMX-webserver root: alldailytempdata.json, dailytemp.json and alltempsumdata.json. These files are normally uploaded by CMX during rollover at midnight but were uploaded with 16:00 timestamp. I could save these files but the previous files were already overwritten. With these new files suddenly the problem with home button and refresh/automatic start of charts disappeared and my two problematic charts recentVapourPresssource and RecentPWSFireIndex were working again.
    Currently new files were updloaded at 00:00 again (I saved also this 00:00 version but have not yet compared them to 16:00 version) and all seems to work.

My suspect is the file alldailytempdata.json as it is bigger and the charts are sensible to it. But the data error must have been subtle, because renaming the file or introducting a syntax error causes the home-button problem but a more detailled and explanatory error description in F12 console (I tested that already).

I have to lookup the logfiles (currently not in front of my CMX PC) from 24.3.2024 16:00 (why CMX thought these 3 files needed resend) and what happened in the days before during midnight rollover with these 3 files. Maybe upload.php delta/full and zip issue.

The alldailytempdata.json file was for sure present during last week and not outdated because average temperate chart and all other charts were working (except the two charts mentioned above) and showing data up to 23.3.2024. But the charts that are using EVAL and equations based on temperature data seem to be move sensitive to data issues ... (just guessing as I do not know exactly which chart is using which data source file, UserAskedData logfile gives some hints about used data source).

If problem happens again, I will save alldailytempdata.json (for closer inspection), then delete the .json file and re-send via upload.php or switch to SFTP.
    Leo

HansR

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js: [solved with resend of alldailytempdata.json data]

Post by HansR »

lse-cumulus wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2024 9:31 am If problem happens again, I will save alldailytempdata.json (for closer inspection), then delete the .json file and re-send via upload.php or switch to SFTP.
    OK. Narrowed down and hopefully a way to find the (or an) error.

However, I think there is no need to switch to SFTP. As you use the PHP upload method, better stick to that as long as possible. If there is an error in there we need it to find the problem. I don't think the error is in there btw, if it were there would have been more users with the issue.

Upload again is best done through the utils menu choice Upload Now option and Include regenerating and transfer of daily graph data files. If there is an issue with upload.php it will be spotted no doubt.
    Hans

lse-cumulus

Re: Home + CutilsCharts.def issue with jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception [solved but still chasing root cause]

Post by lse-cumulus »

• so far the issue has not re-appeared; midnight PHP[Int] uploads with Upload.php are working fine and also Home Button report auto selection
    • I could secure the MXdiag logfiles from the period the issue was introduced, but I cannot see any errors or indications of the root cause of the problem
    • all uploads of json files look fine in the past arround midnight in the section [Interval: Creating standard web files]
    • unclear to me why on 24-Mar-2024 16:00 a restart of CMX as remedy caused the PHP[Int] upload of alldailytempdata.json
    • will keep watching ...
    Leo