Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

What is the best supported "current" hardware for Cumulus

Weather station hardware not applicable to any other subforum.
SteveBB
Weather Station: Possibly Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 11

What is the best supported "current" hardware for Cumulus

Post by SteveBB »

Hi,

I have just rejoined the group after being away for about 8 years.

The software is fabulous but my weather station back then became unsupportable, I struggled to replace the rain gauge that kept failing every 18 months with regularity then other "brittle" parts no longer being stocked in the UK. I since moved to an unsupported "Watson" solution and have lost the flexibility of having Cumulus as my main weather portal on my personal homepage. I want it back !!!

Time moves on and I am intending to reinstall Cumulus but with a more reliable "front end". I am leaning towards Davis Instruments, possibly a Vantage Pro II but cannot afford new and the ones that pop up on a certain auction site are dating back to 2007 (translating the mfg code). Not sure if that matters much and I would also be requiring a data logger in addition of course.

Apologies if this question has been raised before but I am wondering if there are any other stations I should be considering and currently "supported" (ie spare parts) here in the UK.

Thanks again,

Steve
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: What is the best supported "current" hardware for Cumulus

Post by water01 »

The Ecowitt stations are supported and available via the Ecowitt shop on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/ecowitt ... f_=ast_bln

I have a HP2551 plus a lightning detector and Air Quality sensor and cannot fault them as they have been in continuous use since 2021.
David
SteveBB

Post by SteveBB »

Thanks Water01 ....

Now my console is the Watson Pro 2 which of course is not able to connect to Cumulus directly. However, I do have an Ecowitt GW1100AE WiFi gateway which is accessible via the Ecowitt weather page (inc lightning detector and 3x soil sensors). Not sure if I can connect this to Cumulus ..... one moment, just discovered the IP address for this gateway ... 192.168.x.x and have logged on for the very first time directly !!!!

Oh wow !!!

Right, time to do some searching in the archives to see / learn ... try to understand ... how to port this information over.

Thank you so much Water01 as I had completely written this possibility out due to the Console not having a USB out.

Best wishes,

Steve
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

you can also purchase Ecowitt from https://weatherspares.co.uk/collections/ecowitt
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Yep you can connect to a GW1100. Plenty of us do. A quick search of the forum will reveal much info.
Freddie
SteveBB

Post by SteveBB »

Thanks Simon, that is indeed where I bought this from - the gateway was something I bought to collect data from the lightning detector and the soil sensors and I never even thought for a minute it could also be used to connect to Cumulus.

It was literally looking at the MESH network now that I have found the IP address.

Just looking through the Ecowitt area for a setup guide but not seen one so going to attempt to wing it and see how it goes.

Thanks again everyone :)

Steve
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Just to make life easier make sure you assign a fixed IP address to your GW1100, can be done using the web interface.

Stuart