Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

ws-extra.js file

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

ws-extra.js file

Post by bumpy »

Good morning
In attempting to install the Alternative Interface updated website, I followed the instructions and followed the advice about amending ws-extra.js file. Unfortunately I have hit a problem in that when I try to open the file I am presented with a message telling me that there is a Windows Script Host error and provides details of the error. If I can't open the file I am stuck! The new web pages are there but empty of data and also I cannot now access CumulusMX although my existing website is continuing to update correctly.
I assume that the Windows Script Host error is something that relates to my PC and whilst I have found various suggestions online how to overcome this problem, including one I tried which didnt work, I am reluctant to do anything else without advice, in case it all goes pear shaped!
I would be grateful for any advice please?
Tony
www.farleighmeadows.co.uk
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: ws-extra.js file

Post by freddie »

Instead of double-clicking the file to open it, if you right-click and select "open with" and then choose a text editor such as notepad. It sounds as if Windows is trying to run the ws-extra.js file rather than opening it to edit it.
Freddie
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: ws-extra.js file

Post by bumpy »

Hello Freddie
Thank you for the advice and I eventually managed to open the ws-extra.js file. In doing so I located Line 13 but became confused whether the text was a replacement for the whole of line 13, a replacement for part of the text or simply an add-on after the existing text! In the confusion I decided to save what I thought was right and ended up overwriting the file in Notepad and saved what in fact was something entirely wrong. After many attempts to restore the original ws-extra.js file, CumulusMX decided it didnt want to work!
Ultimately I decided to delete the whole of CumulusMX and start from fresh. CumulusMX is now up and running and so is my website. The alternative interface is not playing ball but tomorrow is another day!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Tony
www.farleighmeadows.co.uk