Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis VP2 + Lightning detector WH57 Ecowitt

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
andrea_iw2ntf
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspbian on Raspberry

Davis VP2 + Lightning detector WH57 Ecowitt

Post by andrea_iw2ntf »

Hi everyone!
I recently purchased some parts of the ECOWITT GW 1100 station, specifically the WH57 lightning detector.
The main weather station is obviously the Davis VP2, I added the Ecowitt WH 57 sensor as secondary sensors, in this way it is also possible to monitor lightning. However, as an additional sensor it is not inserted in the LOG. I created a custom log, but it would be useful to be able to insert it into LOG and also create graphs with daily and monthly counts, as already happens for other secondary sensor parameters.

Good work.

Thanks Andrea
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Davis VP2 + Lightning detector WH57 Ecowitt

Post by HansR »

Hi,

All that is possible but not from within CMX, it requires an additional tool: CumulusUtils. With that tool you can chart any webtag (notably the lightning tags) if you log them as a Custom Log. It requires a basic setup of the tool and from there you can configure and make your choices. There will be help if you need it.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
andrea_iw2ntf
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspbian on Raspberry

Post by andrea_iw2ntf »

HI,

I tried looking, but I couldn't find a user guide on how to install it. I'm impractical.

this is my weather station.

www.fracassi.net/meteo

I definitely need some suggestions to make it work.

Thank you.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

andrea_iw2ntf wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023 4:27 pm I tried looking, but I couldn't find a user guide on how to install it. I'm impractical.

this is my weather station.

www.fracassi.net/meteo

I definitely need some suggestions to make it work.
Hi Andrea,

If you can create your website with CMX on a Raspberry Pi you surely can handle CumulusUtils although it takes a different look at things.

You can install CumulusUtils as described on the Wiki starting page of CumulusUtils (the index page is here). You'll understand I can't help you with the physical things of the installation. The download you can find in this post.

You are the first Italian who uses CUtils. As a consequence, the translation task is an additional effort. The size of this effort depend on whether you want only the lightning chart or more of the reports. An example of the compete website - which includes all modules - can be seen on my site (English version). If you try the User Map, you may find inspiration of all possibilities. I advise you to look around.

Once you have it installed and running we will continue with the steps to create the lightning chart. As you can imagine the first steps will require most work, when it is running things get easier. If you think CUtils is not for you, just say so and we'll stop the effort.

Hope you can get it going.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3