Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PHP Upload stopped working

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ Cumulus1 / CummulusMX
Operating System: Windows8 / Windows10

PHP Upload stopped working

Post by PaulMy »

Slow progress to my ISP and webhost issues and now able to use FileZilla again viewtopic.php?p=175775#p175775 but a new issue has evolved. The PHP Uploads had been working fine until my recent issues with my host GoDaddy and no changes were made by me on this or as best as I know by GoDaddy, and now, over the last day or so, I am unable to use the PHP Upload method as it constantly fails with errors

Code: Select all

2023-11-26 11:51:20 - PHP[111]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:20 - PHP[111]: Error uploading to realtimegauges.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:20 - PHP[111]: Error uploading to realtimetags.php - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:20 - PHP[111]: Error uploading to realtime-x.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:10 - PHP[110]: Error uploading to realtimegauges.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:10 - PHP[110]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:10 - PHP[110]: Error uploading to realtimetags.php - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:10 - PHP[110]: Error uploading to realtime-x.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:06 - ERROR: No broadcast data received from the WLL for 30 seconds
2023-11-26 11:51:01 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to images/moon.png - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:51:01 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alltempsumdata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:56 - PHP[108]: Error uploading to realtime-x.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:56 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailydegdaydata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:56 - PHP[108]: Error uploading to realtimetags.php - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:56 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailysolardata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:55 - Realtime[109]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2023-11-26 11:50:51 - PHP[108]: Error uploading to realtimegauges.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:51 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailyraindata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:51 - PHP[108]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:51 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailyhumdata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:46 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailywinddata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:46 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailypressdata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:46 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to alldailytempdata.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:46 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to airquality.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:41 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to sunhours.json - A task was canceled.
2023-11-26 11:50:41 - PHP[Int]: Error uploading to solardata.json - A task was canceled.
Cumulus MX 
I changed from PHP to FTP 0 upload and that is working fine now.

Attached MXdiags covers the most recent CMX restart with PHP Upload and I changed to FTP at about 11:51, I had to redo the Extra Web Files and moon image to upload to public_html when using FTP so these logged errors were temporary.

Any thoughts why PHP Upload protocol suddenly stopped working?

I will be calling GoDaddy as my hosting renews in December and may need to upgrade.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PaulMy on Tue 28 Nov 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www .komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.html

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: FTP Upload stopped working

Post by mcrossley »

It looks like the requests are timing out. Odd, as if I try your upload.php in a browser it works fine.
PaulMy

Re: PHP Upload stopped working

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Mark,
Just posting to say this is not a CMX PHP Upload issue.

Ageing and forgetfulness go together :( I just remembered that I had this issue several months ago, and that was at the time I was not able to see any of my webpages on my own local network (anything hosted from domain komokaweather.com). All the pages were visible by others on the web and FTP updates were working. I could see them on my phone with WiFi turned off. And at that time we expected that is why PHP Upload was not working - it didn't have the back-and-forth or whatever it takes for PHP Upload verification. That problem disappeared after a few days at that time. I had that same issue of not able to view anything hosted from domain komokaweather.com a couple of times earlier but that was before PHP Upload. These periods of not able to view sites from komokaweather.com last about 2 to 4 days and then back to normal, and my ISP has not been able to determine the cause or the fix. The issue of not able to view komokawerather.com sites returned about 4 days ago and ISP still working on it.

Enjoy,
Paul
Last edited by PaulMy on Tue 28 Nov 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davis Vantage Pro2+

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Thanks for letting me know, good luck getting it fixed.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Must be DNS - again!
Freddie
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

If it's DNS, then can you not just switch away from your ISPs DNS and use an independent like Cloudflare?
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

OK, found a workaround until Rogers support comes on Friday...
In a search I found this https://www.tonyherman.com/website-not- ... %20browser
Their DNS Server setting suggestion scares me a bit... so tried the proxy
Maybe not safe but using croxyproxy .com I can view my sites :clap:

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

PaulMy wrote: Tue 28 Nov 2023 8:35 pm OK, found a workaround until Rogers support comes on Friday...
In a search I found this https://www.tonyherman.com/website-not- ... %20browser
Their DNS Server setting suggestion scares me a bit... so tried the proxy
Maybe not safe but using croxyproxy .com I can view my sites :clap:
Well, that is one of the strangest articles I have ever seen in my almost 20 years of network administration. It may be applicable on some poorly maintained corporate network, but normal people just do not have their own internal dns servers to ”fix”.

If you are running in a normal ”home” network served by some public isp, and for some reason their dns does not function propely, then you may very well start to use a public dns without problems. You can use Google’s 8.8.8.8 or Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1, OpenDNS or whatever you like. Most of them even have option to protect you from phishing or malware sites.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi, and thanks for the comment.
If you are running in a normal ”home” network served by some public isp, and for some reason their dns does not function propely, then you may very well start to use a public dns without problems. You can use Google’s 8.8.8.8 or Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1, OpenDNS or whatever you like. Most of them even have option to protect you from phishing or malware sites.
I have no knowledge/understanding of Google 8.8... or Cloudfare, OpenDNS, as my simple home network using ISP Rogers, which is likely the largest in Canada, has always worked well with Cumulus. I have a technician from Rogers coming on Friday and will acquaint him/her with my issue and what I have learned so far. At least croxyproxy is allowing me to see if my sites are ok on the web.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Paul, normally on your router, the WAN connection will have the option to use the ISPs DNS, select from a list of alternatives, or manually input your own custom IP address.

If you can find this setting, then change it from the ISP DNS (the default) to use Cloudflare (IP = 1.1.1.1) or Google (IP = 8.8.8.8)

But as @Samsi says, that article is odd. You're not on a corporate internal LAN using a domain name the same as your external web site - or I'd imagine you aren't.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks Mark,
normally on your router, the WAN connection will have the option to use the ISPs DNS, select from a list of alternatives, or manually input your own custom IP address.
I've ventured
"Where no man has gone before"
I am waiting for Spaak to arrive on Friday ;)
For the WAN Network there are 3 options - default AUTO, DOCSIS, Ethernet
I don't see anywhere anything related to DNS

I am assuming there is no security risk by posting these attachments?

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PaulMy on Wed 29 Nov 2023 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Davis Vantage Pro2+

SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

Stupid isp customized / restricted routers… :groan:

Dns setting might become visible when you switched the wan connection from auto to manual, but who knows. It might get you other kind of trouble.

Of course you could change the dns server from dhcp to manually defined on your computer’s network settings and leave the router alone.

Ps. No actual security risk on the pictures, but for privacy reasons you might want to hide your public ipv4/ipv6 addresses.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Well after nearly 3 weeks of working fine, the same issue... can't access my websites from my local WiFi. Ok from my phone if I turn off WiFi. This also stops the CMX PHP Uploads so have set them back to FTP.

Another call for Rogers support :cry:

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+