Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Firmware update for WiFi Weather Stations

GW1000 WiFi gateway
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

New Firmware update for WiFi Weather Stations

Post by water01 »

Ecowitt has released a new Firmware upgrade for the WiFi range of complete weather stations (my HP2551 is included as is the HP2560/1).

One of the new features of the firmware is a change on the Customised HTTP interface upload interval that CumulusMX uses from a minimum of 16 seconds to a minimum of 8 seconds.

Altered mine to 8 seconds and CMX station update is now updating more frequently.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: New Firmware update for WiFi Weather Stations

Post by mcrossley »

You can already set it down as low as 5 secs (iiirc) by letting MX configure it for you on supported stations. ;)
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Didn't work on my HP26551 only the GWXXXX stations that I have.
David
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

mcrossley wrote: Sun 20 Aug 2023 4:50 pm You can already set it down as low as 5 secs (iiirc) by letting MX configure it for you on supported stations. ;)
once there was a time ...
Ecowitt have limited this in their latest WiFi firmware releases to 8 seconds.
You can try to set the 5 seconds via the API and the console may even feedback a successful setting, but the console firmware will reset it to 8 seconds with the 1.6.6 and 5.1.3 EasyWeather(Pro) firmware and with the latest GW1100/GW2000 firmware. The WN1900/WN1910, GW1000 and WH2650 consoles/gateways don't have this limitation (yet ?).
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Confirmed, actually it is 9 seconds because Ecowitt still haven't fixed the bug where they have (I assume) forgotten about zero relative and so all intervals are one second greater in elapsed time than the configured time.

So, now even poorer for WS80 users who will miss half the available data. :(

(I also found a bug in MX code that sets the custom server doing this, fixed for the next release!)
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 16 Oct 2023 10:34 pm So, now even poorer for WS80 users who will miss half the available data. :(
for customer server users who don't still have a GW1000/WH2540/WN1910 ...
via the local API of course nothing gets lost if the data logger polls every 4-5 seconds - also with GW1100/GW2000.
Eukaryot
Weather Station: GARNI 3055 Arcus
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Post by Eukaryot »

Hello, I don't know English, so I write in Google Translate. I hope that the translated text will be understandable for you.
I am from the Czech Republic and I have a weather station GARNI 3055 Arcus from the Czech company Garni. It is probably an Ecowitt HP2553 clone.
The firmware version in the internal unit is: Pro_V1.7.5, Garni does not offer a newer version. Hardware version is: V2.0 and Wi-Fi firmware: EasyWeather V1.6.5.
I would like to install the latest firmware in it, which is about V1.9.3 today. I would like it mainly because of the possibility to reduce the sending interval from 16s to 8s, because even though I have the interval set to 16s, it is actually 30s. More often, the station does not send data.
But I'm worried that I won't lose localization to the Czech language when upgrading the firmware. I therefore have a question, is it possible to back up the currently installed firmware in the station and how?
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

there is no difference between Ecowitt, GARNI, Ambient etc. firmware - it's the same firmware which handles the idiosyncrasies of certain resellers like Ambient and GARNI. => updating your device firmware to 1.9.3 should not affect your GARNI console and your Czech language negatively.
If you still have the user.bin file pertaining to your latest device firmware update (1.7.5), then you have already your backup.
If you don't have it anymore, you should be able to dpwnload it from GARNI.

The latest WiFi firmware is EasyWeather 1.6.6 - it will be offered to you when you connect with the WS View Plus app to your HP2550 clonse (Arcus 3055).
(--> Device List in WSV+)

You can also upgrade your WS80 (the ultrasonic array = GARNI G095HA) to firmware 1.2.5 (files and description --> https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0, chapter firmware, WS80).
The specialties of the Arcus 3055 console are also described in the HP2550 chapter there.

"But I'm worried that I won't lose localization to the Czech language when upgrading the firmware. " That's in my opinion a wrong translation.
I suppose what you wanted to say is "But I'm worried that I will lose localization to the Czech language when upgrading the firmware. "
I suggest you use www.deepl.com as translation tool (much better) rather than Google translate
Google is not good in handling double negation in the different (especially Eastern European) language

mezi firmwarem Ecowitt, GARNI, Ambient atd. není žádný rozdíl - jedná se o stejný firmware, který řeší zvláštnosti některých prodejců jako Ambient a GARNI. => aktualizace firmwaru vašeho zařízení na verzi 1.9.3 by neměla mít negativní vliv na konzoli GARNI a češtinu.
Pokud stále máte soubor user.bin vztahující se k poslední aktualizaci firmwaru vašeho zařízení (1.7.5), pak již máte svou zálohu.
Pokud ji již nemáte, měli byste být schopni ji dpřehrát z GARNI.

Nejnovější firmware WiFi je EasyWeather 1.6.6 - bude vám nabídnut, když se připojíte pomocí aplikace WS View Plus ke klonování HP2550 (Arcus 3055).
(--> Seznam zařízení v aplikaci WSV+)

Můžete také aktualizovat svůj WS80 (ultrazvukové pole = GARNI G095HA) na firmware 1.2.5 (soubory a popis --> https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0, kapitola firmware, WS80).
Speciality konzoly Arcus 3055 jsou popsány také v kapitole HP2550 tamtéž.

"Mám ale obavy, abych při aktualizaci firmwaru nepřišel o lokalizaci do češtiny. " To je podle mého názoru špatný překlad.
Předpokládám, že jste chtěl říci: "Ale obávám se, že při aktualizaci firmwaru přijdu o lokalizaci do češtiny. "
Doporučuji použít jako překladatelský nástroj www.deepl.com (mnohem lepší) než Google translate.
Google si neumí dobře poradit s dvojitou negací v různých (zejména východoevropských) jazycích.
translated with www.deepl.com