Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

b3257 - Realtime uploads stopped

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Colin99
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: 64 bit Raspberry pi Debian

b3257 - Realtime uploads stopped

Post by Colin99 »

20231102-122620.txt
I installed the latest release yesterday, my first update since b3235. Since that previous release I have been successfully using PHP uploads only.

All looks good in 3257 except for realtime uploads. The dashboard is OK, and I do like the new Select-a-Period chart. My webpages (accessed via index.html, and the standard webpages (via index.htm) are all otherwise fine, and updates to WOW are working.

My only problem is with the gauges, which are not updating because realtimegauges.txt is not being uploaded. My realtime interval is 60s and I only upload this one file. Normal uploads are working fine (interval 5 minutes), and I do not use the standard file method with this but just 3 'Extra' webfiles, including my slightly augmented version of websitedata.json.

I understand from the release notes there are a few changes to PHP Upload. Is there anything I should look for specifically that could affect realtime uploading? Logfile attached after stopping/starting and then running for around 10 mins, and also my Cumulus.ini file (settings unchanged since previous version). The logfile shows the realtime upload attempt. Could it be they are now going to a different directory?
Cumulus.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Colin99 on Thu 02 Nov 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: b3257 - Realtime uploads stopped

Post by water01 »

If you are using php upload you have to upload the latest source of it (amended with your secret key) in order for it to work with this release.
David
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

Thanks David

I probably should have said, the whole Cumulus MX release is installed on my local system (R-Pi), and I replaced the upload.php file on the remote webhost with the latest one. I made the assumption I could keep the "Secret" the same as before and just copied that into the new php file.

I know PHP uploads are working as Normal interval files are transmitted perfectly, that's the graph json files plus my 2 Extra webfiles (my customised weatherdata.json and a jpg image).
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

Further apologies. One of my "Extra web files," the .jpg, DOES in fact upload at the realtime interval. It is only realtimegauges.txt that is nowhere to be seen.
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

From your ini-file
RealtimeTxtCreate=0
RealtimeGaugesTxtCreate=0
I have
RealtimeTxtCreate=1
RealtimeGaugesTxtCreate=1
Internet Settings => Real time Interval Settings
PS
I use SFTP
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

See above ^^^^^^. Sometimes the upload settings for these two files get unset i.e. they should both be set to 1.
David
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

I don’t think the issue is what @rogerthn noticed, since for quite a while it has been possible to not create local standard files and still upload them to server. On the other hand, nothing to lose by testing to enable it, and if it does not resolve the issue, disable it again for reduced sd card wear.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

It could be that your web server does not like the new upload of small files via HTTP GET. One other user has had this, the next release will have the option to disable this new feature and revert to using POST for all data. Until I can release this it may be best to revert to v3.26.0
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You can keep the new upload.php - it is backwards compatible
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

RealtimeTxtCreate=1 RealtimeGaugesTxtCreate=1
I had the same problem with the realtime gauges not updating on 3057, changed the ini file as suggested but still no change so reverted until this is fixed in next release.
Also had the server error message with the updated php upload file as well so reverted on that now.
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

Roger, Dave

I am not using realtime.txt, only realtimegauges.txt. I believe the Create flags you have highlighted control whether a local copy of the relevant file is created or not. Since Mark introduced PHP uploads at build 3231, it has no longer been necessary to create local copies in order to get Cumulus MX to send uploads. I may be wrong about the flags but this is how I understand them. Certainly the .ini file does accurately reflect my settings via the admin interface, and these settings have worked for me up to build 3235, which I was recently using.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

Thanks Mark

I think you may be right. Since 12.30 today when I copied the logfile, I notice now that graph json files have stopped uploading. Also it is strange in the log that the uploads appear to be happening fine, but nothing seems to arrive, which does rather point to a host problem. The easiest thing for me now is to revert back to b3235, which is still on my pi. I can then either think about going to b3248 (3.26.0) in due course as you suggest, or waiting for the next one. That's good news regarding upload.php though. In the meantime I will ask my hosting provider about HTTP GET.

By the way if anyone is interested, my hosting is with Krystal.

Thanks for your info (New Forest) Roger. Who do you host with?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry. I only just got a chance to look at the log file you posted in the initial message.

That shows the problem to be your copy of upload.php on your server has not been updated. I know you said you had updated it, but the response you are getting shows otherwise. :(
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

Seriously weird! I have the new version with key in my local image and certain I had uploaded it when I uploaded the other few changed script files etc. I even thought I checked the date in the code on the host later. Either I overwrote it again, or just dreamt the whole thing. Always the danger of finishing off an update late at night!

Ok, much appreciated Mark, and sorry to waste people's time. I have just reverted back now, so I'll have another go maybe, over the next few days. If it works OK I'll let you know.
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

By the way if anyone is interested, my hosting is with Krystal.

Thanks for your info (New Forest) Roger. Who do you host with?
Hi Colin, yes my host is also Krystal. They recently introduced newer faster servers.