Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Excuse me whilst I dust myself off...

GW1000 WiFi gateway
Karv
Weather Station: WH-1080
Operating System: Windows XP / 7, Ubuntu, Centos

Excuse me whilst I dust myself off...

Post by Karv »

Hi All,
After many years of quietly running data to the world, my faithful but prehistoric Watson W-8681 has finally detached itself from its various appendages, and is steadfastly refusing all attempts at electronic mediation.

Given that it's had as many spare parts as Triggers Broom, I feel it is now time to move into the 21st Century.
I've been looking at the Ecowitts and the HP2561 looks quite pleasing to the eye, and a scan of the manual suggests it will behave with a custom setup to CMX.

Firstly, could anyone please confirm the ability of the HP2561.
Secondly, I have a couple of Pi's kicking about, but I've been so far away from weather stations for years that I'm unsure which Pi would be most suited. I think mine are an A and a B.... so quite old in human terms too ... but Cumulus is currently running on a whole PC, so I have a little curve to navigate in fairly short order I think.

The Unread(13428) is hinting that I do a little more reading here, but I'd really appreciate a short shopping list, after which I can settle into Autumn with plenty top read and configure once the hardware has been bolted up while it is nice enough to do so!

Many thanks for all hints, tips, advice, answers and belittlement! :D

K
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Re: Excuse me whilst I dust myself off...

Post by forestedge »

Hi Karv

As well as a Davis I have an Ecowitt GW1101 which is effectively the same station as the HP2561 but without the display unit. You use the ecowitt free app to display your data on a phone, tablet etc I also view it on the pc and it is fully compatible with Cumulus MX. Other Ecowitt sensors can be added to the wireless gateway like lightning, soil moisture and air quality.

Might be worth considering if you don't need the display unit as it is close to half the price!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

The HP2551 is slightly cheaper and it has all the interfaces required by CumulusMX. I use one and can recommend it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Forec ... 9hdGY&th=1
David
Karv
Weather Station: WH-1080
Operating System: Windows XP / 7, Ubuntu, Centos

Post by Karv »

Thank you both.

The weather station is up and running, it does work with CMX quite happily, and also uploads directly to WOW and WU without issue.
The PI situation was a little underwhelming as the Zero is without network. The Pi B+ is really quite old, so I had to uninstall and reinstall mono-complete, after which it's perfectly happy.

The manual for the HP2560_C was a little vague in places, but everything is up and running at chest height for a couple of days until a new mast arrives.

K
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

Karv wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 8:34 pm The manual for the HP2560_C was a little vague in places, but everything is up and running at chest height for a couple of days until a new mast arrives.
if you want to know more - things that the manuals not (yet ?) reveal and presented in a structured manner ?
Have a look at https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0
the best English language source for Ecowitt (and Ecowitt clone) related information ...
If you happen to understand German - then you have an even richer Ecowitt WiKi at https://www.wetterstationsforum.info/wi ... -stationen