Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Banner not updating

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

KevinDean
Weather Station: Ambient
Operating System: Windows 11

Banner not updating

Post by KevinDean »

My personal signature banner isn't updating for me, while others' banners are. Any suggestions? The signature banner below shows 16.52, but my current time is 17.19 - which was the time when I first logged on to Cumulus. Refreshing the page doesn't change the banner content. Any insights or ideas are appreciated.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Banner not updating

Post by freddie »

I don't see your signature on your post. Do you have a URL to your banner?
Freddie
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

@KevinDean, same for me. But on a Windows computer I can force a reload with CTRL+F5.

On my iPad there’s no option to do that. Hitting the refresh icon doesn’t help. You have to delete all internet files and then it shows the current info. It doing that also logs you out of all sites you login to.

As Freddie said I can’t see your banner either.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

RayProudfoot wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2023 3:06 pm @KevinDean, same for me. But on a Windows computer I can force a reload with CTRL+F5.

On my iPad there’s no option to do that. Hitting the refresh icon doesn’t help. You have to delete all internet files and then it shows the current info. It doing that also logs you out of all sites you login to.
Actually there is a way to delete data for only a particular site that has problems. My iPad is on finnish, so can’t tell exact translations, but the path is about Settings - Safari - Additional Settings (on the very bottom) - Site Data.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

SamiS wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2023 3:37 pm Actually there is a way to delete data for only a particular site that has problems. My iPad is on finnish, so can’t tell exact translations, but the path is about Settings - Safari - Additional Settings (on the very bottom) - Site Data.
What a clever chap you are! :clap: It’s Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data.

Hit Edit and you can remove cached data for any listed. My banner is now showing current info. :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.