Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt daytime temperature maxes out of control

GW1000 WiFi gateway
I know i have to
Weather Station: Davis Vantage vue
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Ecowitt daytime temperature maxes out of control

Post by I know i have to »

Since a couple of months i now own the worlds best set of temperature and radiation shield combination ever existed, the ecowitt-32HP inside a Meteoshield pro. Despite that my temperature prope records daytime maxes that are around 1,5-2,5c higher than the closest airport everyday during this lame heatwave (which hasn't recorded 30c yet despite IPCC's promised tropical climate around 2040). What do you guys think is wrong with the probe? I have the perfect set up and still record extreme bad values for being the best out there, even better than the traffic weather stations along the road?

A short summary of the station
Sun angle of 54
Latitude 59
Station height: 170cm
Soil below: well watered, short green grass of 40mm height.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Ecowitt daytime temperature maxes out of control

Post by freddie »

Aspiration of your screen is probably the answer. You may have the "world's best" radiation screen, but if the air inside the screen becomes stagnant then you will record higher temperatures.

P.S. The IPCC forecast isn't one of a consistent temperature rise. We are also a long way off 2040.
Freddie
I know i have to
Weather Station: Davis Vantage vue
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Post by I know i have to »

freddie wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:11 am Aspiration of your screen is probably the answer. You may have the "world's best" radiation screen, but if the air inside the screen becomes stagnant then you will record higher temperatures.

P.S. The IPCC forecast isn't one of a consistent temperature rise. We are also a long way off 2040.
Sorry i'm not interested in comments from a brit who lives off IPCC while licking their asses 24/7, my station gets enough natural wind as it is so it must be another problem, help me instead of writing nonsense you monster
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

I know i have to wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:20 am Sorry i'm not interested in comments from a brit who lives off IPCC while licking their asses 24/7, my station gets enough natural wind as it is so it must be another problem, help me instead of writing nonsense you monster
OK, great if you dislike a comment, but in general it could be a bit more polite, no need to be offensive.
I've had some of this type of comments as well and I am going to suggest a more strict policy around it.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

HansR wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:28 am
I know i have to wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:20 am Sorry i'm not interested in comments from a brit who lives off IPCC while licking their asses 24/7, my station gets enough natural wind as it is so it must be another problem, help me instead of writing nonsense you monster
OK, great if you dislike a comment, but in general it could be a bit more polite, no need to be offensive.
I've had some of this type of comments as well and I am going to suggest a more strict policy around it.
:lol: it could be a whole lot more polite to be honest, but hey ho.

We have been here before though. If you're in the same location as you were with the Vantage Vue then I would suggest the issue may be with the location. If you go off the photograph in the linked post then it looks very enclosed - walled garden effect, perhaps?
Freddie
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

I know i have to wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 10:41 am Since a couple of months i now own the worlds best set of temperature and radiation shield combination ever existed, the ecowitt-32HP inside a Meteoshield pro. Despite that my temperature prope records daytime maxes that are around 1,5-2,5c higher than the closest airport everyday during this lame heatwave (which hasn't recorded 30c yet despite IPCC's promised tropical climate around 2040).
Local climate differences are one thing that could affect the readings. I have done some experiments with a bluetooth sensor that is certified to +/-0.1˚C absolute accuracy, and especially on sunny days depending on the wind direction, slopes, trees, buildings etc, the actual temperature varies quite a lot even within a few meters.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I know i have to wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:20 am
freddie wrote: Sun 25 Jun 2023 11:11 am Aspiration of your screen is probably the answer. You may have the "world's best" radiation screen, but if the air inside the screen becomes stagnant then you will record higher temperatures.

Sorry i'm not interested in comments from a brit who lives off IPCC while licking their asses 24/7, my station gets enough natural wind as it is so it must be another problem, help me instead of writing nonsense you monster
Charming, why bother to come on here to ask for advice if you are going to be so impolite. Try some other forum!!
David