Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt HTTP forward

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Ecowitt HTTP forward

Post by forestedge »

[attachment=0]
Gone back to the latest build and ignoring 524 errors in the MXDiags.

I use an Ecowitt station for extra sensors but cannot find the option to forward the data mentioned in the "whats new" for b3241?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Ecowitt HTTP forward

Post by mcrossley »

It only works for primary HTTP (Ecowitt) stations at present. If you are using Ecowitt just for secondary sensors, I plan to add that in a future release.
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

Thanks for clarifying that, in the meantime I have had to revert again as the latest build only lasted a few hours up. Had no problems before this though with uptime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

If you are having problems with the php uploads crashing whole CMX, there is no reason why you couldn’t keep running the newest build using ftp/ftps/sftp with it just as with earlier releases. The php upload is just an additional method that gives some advantages, but is not mandatory.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

forestedge wrote: Thu 04 May 2023 9:13 pm Thanks for clarifying that, in the meantime I have had to revert again as the latest build only lasted a few hours up.
It looks like you terminated CMX rather than it stopping.

You are getting HTTP error 524 (timeout) to every PHP upload request. Most times I have heard of that it is because the web site is fronted by CloudFlare. I do not know what the answer to that is.

But as stated, there is no need to revert the MX version, just switch back to whatever FTP upload process you were using before.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 05 May 2023 12:22 pm You are getting HTTP error 524 (timeout) to every PHP upload request. Most times I have heard of that it is because the web site is fronted by CloudFlare. I do not know what the answer to that is.
Sometimes when you visit a site fronted by CloudFlare you get an interstitial page that says words to the effect of "checking your browser", so perhaps there is some pre-emptive filtering of bad actors. I don't know if it is possible to configure individual URLs to not be subject to this - I really don't know the first thing about CloudFlare apart from this observation of behaviour.
Freddie
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

@mark did you spot these from the log? They seem to occur quite a less frequently than upload errors.

Code: Select all

2023-05-04 18:41:31.271 !!! Unhandled Exception !!!
System.ArgumentException: The tasks array included at least one null element.
Parameter name: tasks
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at CumulusMX.Cumulus.<RealtimeUpload>d__306.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Yes, I did. Under investigation...
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I think it occurs because the upload tasks are erroring before they are added to the list of tasks I keep, then I wait on the all the tasks in the list to complete which is then null. I'll add a check to make sure the task list has a Count > 0 before attempting to wait on them.

(It could also do with a try-catch as well!)