Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Google Analytics

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

dale
Weather Station: Ambient WS-5000
Operating System: Windows 11

Google Analytics

Post by dale »

I've searched this forum and the Wiki, but do not find anything recent that is helpful....Can someone advise me on the best way to add Google Analytics 4 to the standard webfiles that are packaged with the latest CumulusMS (build: 3196)? in particular, is there an easy way with the current structure of the pages to just add the analytics code in one place, or must it be added to all the .htm pages?

Thanks.
Last edited by dale on Fri 12 Aug 2022 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Google Analytics

Post by HansR »

I don't use the standard webfiles myself but afaik there is no standard entry indicated for the analytics so you have to create it yourself in the <HEAD> section of all htm of the standard webfiles you will be using.

The tracking code for G4 is similar to that of UA, you only need to add the G4 tracking code.

I find this page very educational.
I did not read this one but it is on my list.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
dale

Post by dale »

Thanks, Hans.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

dale wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 7:28 pm is there an easy way with the current structure of the pages to just add the analytics code in one place, or must it be added to all the .htm pages?
I don't use the default website pages, but since setpagedata.js is referenced by every page within the provided webfiles folder, and the analytics code uses JavaScript, perhaps it could be possible to make a modification in one place.

There are a number of Cumulus users who use Google Analytics, but they are not regular contributors, so they may not respond.
HansR

Post by HansR »

sfws wrote: Sat 13 Aug 2022 5:01 am
dale wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 7:28 pm is there an easy way with the current structure of the pages to just add the analytics code in one place, or must it be added to all the .htm pages?
I don't use the default website pages, but since setpagedata.js is referenced by every page within the provided webfiles folder, and the analytics code uses JavaScript, perhaps it could be possible to make a modification in one place.

There are a number of Cumulus users who use Google Analytics, but they are not regular contributors, so they may not respond.
@sfws: Not really sure that is going to work as @dale uses the old standard website : http://narnia.dejagers.net/narniaweather/ (see his profile).
If that is wrong @dale needs to adjust his profile but date and time seems correct.
Hans

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

dale wrote: Fri 12 Aug 2022 7:28 pm the standard webfiles that are packaged with the latest CumulusMS (build: 3196)
HansR

Post by HansR »

@sfws: with discrepancies between observation and what is written, I choose for observation :D

But i assume you are correct in what he meant.
Hans

dale

Post by dale »

Thanks for the replies. Actually I'm switching over to the latest version of CumulusMX and the web pages (not yet active on my site) and that is what I was asking about. Hopefully I'll have the new one up today or tomorrow.