Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Air quality sensor(PMS5003) and Ecowitt posting id's

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Air quality sensor(PMS5003) and Ecowitt posting id's

Post by watsonm »

I am waiting for the delivery of the PMS5003 particle sensor to build into my weather setup.

I have googled to try and find the Ecowitt parameters to post to Cumulusmx.
Is there a list anywhere of all the Ecowitt parameters that can be sent as I seem to be looking in the wrong place... :groan:

Thanks for any pointers.
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Air quality sensor(PMS5003) and Ecowitt posting id's

Post by water01 »

One you have it in place the Ecowitt Gateway will automatically pick it and add it's readings to the data stream. Once CumulusMX sees it in the data stream it will pick up the data and it to the extra sensors area, Air Quality.
David
watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Hi David,
Thanks but I put this in the homebuilt section because that is exactly what my setup is. (started as a lockdown project to preserve my retired senses :lol: )

No Ecowitt gateway as I am using a raspberry pi to receive the 443Mhz data directly from my old Maplins stand alone sensors and have added pressure and indoor temp and humidity sensors. I gather all this data using a python script and then post it to CumulusMX

Code: Select all

weather_data={'dateutc' : time , 'solarradiation' :  LuxW, 'uv' : UV , \
             'tempf' : tempfahr  ,'tempinf' : tempfahrinf  ,'humidity' : humidity_send, 'baromrelin' : pressureinc , \
             'windspeedmph' : wind_avg_mph , 'windgustmph' : wind_gust_mph  ,'winddir' : wind_dir_EW, \
             'rainratein'  :  rain_lh_inch, 'humidityin'  :  in_humidity, 'yearlyrainin'  : rain_inch}

try:
                 x = requests.post( CMX_url , weather_data)
                 y = x.text.find('success')

What I am looking for is the keywords for the air quality parameters from the PMS5003 (which has just arrived !! :D ) ...

Sorry if I didn't make it clear :oops:
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Sorry,
meant to post this when I was referred to it....

Code: Select all

https://weatherlink.github.io/airlink-local-api/
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Not a specific answer, but are you aware of the Weatherduino Project? Unfortunately it's not genuine "Open Source" (some sections of the forum are closed to "customers"), but he has been using AQI sensors since before it was a "mainstream" consideration. You may find some useful information on the sensors and their application, etc., but obviously not the "specifics" of the Ecowitt protocol.

Cheers, Alan.
watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Thanks Alan,

I'll take a browse .....
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye