Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Support for data connect to WU

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
yriou
Weather Station: Bresser 5in1
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Support for data connect to WU

Post by yriou »

Hi guys!

So I always wanted to use Cumulus MX as I really like the functionality (MySQL, Website, Met Office WOW support) but my Bresser PWS is not supported, after studying a bit the various supported format and Station however I discovered that the EasyWeather Format was based of a file with the data from PWS just read line to line (https://cumuluswiki.org/a/EasyWeather_Format). Since I could get my data in JSON from WU via their API I built a simple Python script that fetch the data and write the required EasyWeather.dat file with the necessary fields, Cumulus MX works perfectly and so does the upload to Met Office WOW.

So from this I was wondering why not add support to fetch Data from WU into Cumulus directly?
This would open up the supported PWS to any PWS that can connect to WU!

You would input your Station ID and Key to get the data in JSON format (or even CSV I believe) and Cumulus MX would parse all that! Sure would be prettier than my script running on a schedule!

Anyway, thanks for the work on Cumulus MX guys :)
phunkystar
Weather Station: SWS12500
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Support for data connect to WU

Post by phunkystar »

Can u send me your script ? pls