Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox error sending emails

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
AndyH
Weather Station: La Crosse 2350
Operating System: Windows 8

Toolbox error sending emails

Post by AndyH »

Hi all - bit of a longshot I know as this software is not supported anymore.

I have been running Toolbox for many years with rules that send me emails when certain conditions are met (it's raining etc). Since the start of June the emails have stopped with a timeout error and when I manually try and test them Toolbox returns a General Failure error.

On investigation it appears that gmail have stopped allowing 3rd party tools to send emails and possible solutions are to change the gmail security settings to allow 3rd party software with a different password but this doesn't solve my problem. I have tried other email addresses (non gmail) but these also fail.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you.