Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Saratoga World template gets alerts from meteoalarm.org...

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Saratoga World template gets alerts from meteoalarm.org...

Post by freddie »

freddie wrote: Thu 30 Jun 2022 2:33 pm
ConligWX wrote: Wed 29 Jun 2022 7:15 pm
freddie wrote: Wed 29 Jun 2022 6:16 pm The Met Office doesn't send the warning data to meteoalarm via it's RSS feed - it uses a format the name of which escapes me at the moment, and is pushed to meteoalarm. There may well have been an issue with sending the data today. Normally the warnings appear pretty swiftly on meteoalarm.
Thanks. I havent seen any warning as yet in NI since I have been using this template script, but seems to be out of sync as of today. I'll leave it on the site for now, but if Met office and Meteoalarm cant sync up, there is no point in using this script. :(
Met Office switched over to the new format (called CAP) and method of delivery in January 2021, and as far as I know it has been running just fine since. Certainly on the few occasions I have looked, Met Office warnings were displayed. But when I looked today the thunderstorm warning for southern UK was absent. I raised an internal ticket for this and it is being looked into. Having said this, Meteoalarm are having problems this afternoon, with their warnings map not even loading, and the website being unresponsive. It was working at lunchtime, but certainly isn't now.
Meteoalarm have been having system issues recently due to servers being overloaded. This was apparent from the unresponsiveness of their website on Thursday. This has also impacted ingestion of warnings at times. This is being addressed as we speak, with a permanent fix scheduled for next week.
Freddie
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

freddie wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 7:57 am Meteoalarm have been having system issues recently due to servers being overloaded. This was apparent from the unresponsiveness of their website on Thursday. This has also impacted ingestion of warnings at times. This is being addressed as we speak, with a permanent fix scheduled for next week.
Good to know and here was me thinking it was all about Brexit - or is it :lol:
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

ConligWX wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 3:06 pm Good to know and here was me thinking it was all about Brexit - or is it
You're not alone ;)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

HansR wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 3:53 pm
ConligWX wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 3:06 pm Good to know and here was me thinking it was all about Brexit - or is it
You're not alone ;)
It's all in the timing ;)
Freddie
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

Script updated today to fix for partial display of alert summary/detail boxes for alerts < $minAlertLevel

V3.14 is now available on the update tool https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/updates.php with query 01-Jul-2022, Base-World, *-Plugin
vpokroglo
Weather Station: WS-2350
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Post by vpokroglo »

I can't make it work for my website - https://okroglovreme.com/wxadvisory.php I am always geting "No current alerts for: "Southwest(SI008)"." output, although there are advisories for my area. Other areas are working OK.
saratogaWX

Post by saratogaWX »

It appears to be an issue with the JSON data from meteoalarm.org -- for Slovenia, it appears to be missing a key JSON variable "geocode": []

In other countries (like Denmark), it would show as

Code: Select all

"geocode": [
                  {
                    "value": "DK001",
                    "valueName": "EMMA_ID"
                  },
                  {
                    "value": "DK002",
                    "valueName": "EMMA_ID"
                  },

If the alert does not include a geocode with an EMMA_ID, the script can't properly assign the alert to an area (which uses EMMA_ID or a lookup of a NUTS2 or NUTS3 id to an EMMA_ID).

I do see alerts in the https://feeds.meteoalarm.org/api/v1/war ... s-slovenia for the 'South-West' area, just no way to associate them for display since missing the EMMA_ID geocode JSON variable array.
Bridger
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Post by Bridger »

I am not seeing any advisories generated from MeteoAlarm for the impending storm Ciaran due to hit my area of the UK this evening.
I have just installed the updated meteoalarm-codenames and meteoalarm-geocode-aliases files but the expected advisory is still not appearing and now I get additional text above the alarm banner as in the screen shot.
"Name not available forName not available for Name not available forName not available for".
Thanks for any help.
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saratogaWX

Post by saratogaWX »

The UK MET recently updated the EMMA_ID codes used for UK alerts. codes UK001-017 are old meteoalarm.eu codes; UK101-117 are meteoalarm.org codes that were in use until recently; and UK201-353 seem to be the current meteoalarm.org codes.

Use the https://saratoga-weather.org/meteoalarm-map/ map to determine which EMMA_IDs to use now (with the updated meteoalarm-codenames.json and meteoalarm-geocode-aliases.php files).

The update is available from the https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/updates.php Update tool using Base-World, *-Plugin, 21-Oct-2023 as the query.
Bridger
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Post by Bridger »

Alerts are working fine now.
Thank you.