Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Shadow running Rasp CMX - Ecowitt API Query

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Box
Weather Station: FineOffset Gw1002
Operating System: Win10

Shadow running Rasp CMX - Ecowitt API Query

Post by Box »

First of all many thanks for the Raspbian Raspberry PI CMX image :clap:

Followed the instructions in the wiki and it all just worked on my Rasp 4b(4Gb) - very happy and thanks for creating and documenting it so well

Long time since I dabbled in Linux so the hand holding was much appreciated :D

My plan is to run my existing CMX (on Windows) in parallel with the new one on RaspPi while I sort out backing up etc, with the eventual plan to run on Rasp only with a UPS.

I am not currently uploading anything to 3rd party sites from the Pi, I assume that I will need to move account details between the installations or create new accounts to avoid double tapping?

A question about the Ecowitt API.

I have generated the two keys for my Windows installation and that is all working fine. To get a similar resilience option for the RaspPi should i generate two new keys or reuse the current ones? Its for the same application of course but running on another machine

Once again a big thumbs up for the image
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Shadow running Rasp CMX - Ecowitt API Query

Post by water01 »

You should be able to use the existing API keys as they are only used in the event of failure to download history held by Ecowitt.

When you are ready to switch off the Windows machine to preserve all existing data (assuming you have some) I would not fully configure the Pi until you are ready to switch and then I would stop MX on the PI, copy the existing MX data across, then restart the Pi and configure the uploads (remember to take a note of the settings before shutting down the Windows machine.
David
Box
Weather Station: FineOffset Gw1002
Operating System: Win10

Re: Shadow running Rasp CMX - Ecowitt API Query

Post by Box »

Thanks for the advice

Taking this slowly as everything is working just fine at the moment!