Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherLink Live stability

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
dazza1223
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
Operating System: Raspberry pi 4 (4gb)

Re: WeatherLink Live stability

Post by dazza1223 »

ConligWX wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 3:30 pm
dazza1223 wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 7:34 am
and ive notes in the cmx folder i have a crash mono file if that means anything

mono_crash.ffffffff00000001.40.rar

is mono 5.18.0.240 the only package available for your pi4 OS?

mono is now upto v6.8.x for most linux distros seems your version is eating memory.

Ah yh i dint think off that so my bad!! right ive found an update for it so ive gone and updated it and it seem to run on Mono version: 6.12.0.179

now but it will not run as a service as it giving me this error ?

Code: Select all

May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: Starting CumulusMX service...
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[656]: cumulusmx.service: Failed to execute command: No such file o
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[656]: cumulusmx.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/mon
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx rm[659]: /bin/rm: cannot remove '/tmp/CumulusMX.exe.lock': No such file or
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: Failed to start CumulusMX service.
lines 1-15/15 (END)...skipping...
● cumulusmx.service - CumulusMX service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cumulusmx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2022-05-21 17:21:33 BST; 1min 24s ago
     Docs: https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Main_Page
  Process: 656 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono-service -d:/home/pi/usb-drive/CumulusMX/Cmx-WLL CumulusMX.exe -service (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
  Process: 659 ExecStopPost=/bin/rm /tmp/CumulusMX.exe.lock (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: Starting CumulusMX service...
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[656]: cumulusmx.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directory
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[656]: cumulusmx.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/mono-service: No such file or directory
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx rm[659]: /bin/rm: cannot remove '/tmp/CumulusMX.exe.lock': No such file or directory
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 21 17:21:33 Cumulusmx systemd[1]: Failed to start CumulusMX service.

and here my service script

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=CumulusMX service
Documentation=https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Main_Page
After=network-online.target

[Service]
User=root
Group=root
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono-service -d:/home/pi/usb-drive/CumulusMX/Cmx-WLL CumulusMX.exe -service
Type=forking
ExecStopPost=/bin/rm /tmp/CumulusMX.exe.lock

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

https://www.davisworthing.co.uk

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

Just a update

It all working now for some strange reason so hopefully this new version off mono is stable and not memory hungry

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

hey I'm back on this mono eating up my memory it only been running

System uptime 19 hours, 32 minutes

704 root 462.74 MiB /usr/bin/mono /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mono-service.exe -d:/home/pi/usb-drive/CumulusMX ...

and ive upgraded to version 6.12.0.182

but it still eating up fast

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I knew I'd jinx it, last night my WLL stopped responding to HTTP requests. It was still sending the live broadcasts and updating wl.com though. I had to power cycle it to clear the issue. The first time since I installed it in Oct 2020.

@dazza could you post a log file with debug enabled, if like to see what activity CMX is doing. I am running mono 6.12 on a pi 4 and can let CMX run for 25 days. I do have a 1GB swap file configured though (raspberry pi OS defaults to 100MB iirc -a waste of time imho)
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

@dazza could you post a log file with debug enabled, if like to see what activity CMX is doing. I am running mono 6.12 on a pi 4 and can let CMX run for 25 days. I do have a 1GB swap file configured though (raspberry pi OS defaults to 100MB iirc -a waste of time imho)
[/quote]

thanks mark ive enabled debug i will let it run for a few hrs then post it and you saying you have 1GB swap file i have up mine to 1 GB

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

here the logs been running for 2 hrs
MXdiags.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

sorry i just look when i turn on debug logging it dint save so here the one with debugging logging :bash:
MXdiags.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Looking at your log you have an awful lot of files that you are processing at the real-time interval of 4 seconds!

(14 files processed, 1 copied, and a SQL insert, and an unknown number of FTP transfers)

Do you really update facebook, awekas etc every 4 seconds!

What you are asking CMX to do in that 4 seconds actually takes 5 seconds to complete, so it overlaps the next real-time interval which starts from the beginning again. Though this shouldn't cause problems, it may be, and in any case needs looking at.

You also seem to get quite a lot of issues with the FTP connection dropping out - 28 times in the hour and 10 minutes that the log covers!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022 12:58 pm Looking at your log you have an awful lot of files that you are processing at the real-time interval of 4 seconds!

(14 files processed, 1 copied, and a SQL insert, and an unknown number of FTP transfers)

:o :shock:

I have one "extra file" processed in Realtime. the rest (10) are done every 5 minutes at the interval. dont think CumulusMX has time to think :lol:
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 23 Jun 2022 12:58 pm Looking at your log you have an awful lot of files that you are processing at the real-time interval of 4 seconds!

What you are asking CMX to do in that 4 seconds actually takes 5 seconds to complete, so it overlaps the next real-time interval which starts from the beginning again. Though this shouldn't cause problems, it may be, and in any case needs looking at.

You also seem to get quite a lot of issues with the FTP connection dropping out - 28 times in the hour and 10 minutes that the log covers!

Thank you Mark for pointing out some errors in the log file I will take a look at incorrect them also did you find anything why CMX is crashing after 2 days

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

dazza1223 wrote: Sat 25 Jun 2022 7:50 am

Thank you Mark for pointing out some errors in the log file I will take a look at fix them... also did you find anything why CMX is crashing after 2 days?

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

It's running out of memory, but it should not be consuming it at the rate you are seeing. Fix your other issues, then see how bad the memory leak is.
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

just sorting out them errors but one off them i don't understand is this one

Windy: ERROR - The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

That could be one that came up quite a while back about an out of date TLS certificate in the Raspbian OS still being present?

viewtopic.php?p=163078&hilit=windy+certificate#p163078
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

ah that worked never saw that post ;)

that one all fixed!! thank mark