Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

N96FY Alarm Sounding.

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
November
Weather Station: N96FY
Operating System: Windows xp

N96FY Alarm Sounding.

Post by November »

Sorry if this is in wrong forum.

Our monitor went blank so changed batteries in it and the outside station. The display is showing next to outside temp "Hi Al " and speaker symbol below it.
The alarm keeps going off and " Dewpoint" lights up and flashes. Press display and alarm stops.

How do we stop this happening, it has worked fine before and never did this.

Thank you for Help
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: N96FY Alarm Sounding.

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

IMHO it appears to be an "Age" issue with (some of) these particular Consoles, perhaps an "EEPROM Wear Out" issue or a Bug in the software after a particular time event? I've experienced it with several of my FO Consoles. It appears that many of the "variables" are not correctly "Reset" when power is restored, with a large number of the Alarms Enabled (at ridiculous thresholds).

The problem is identifying which alarms are currently set (e.g. for all the different "Rain" periods) and particularly if not all bits in a data field are being displayed. For example, IIRC, if you try to increase or decrease a "Negative" Alarm temperature it can wrap around in an unpredictable manner (but with luck, you may ultimately complete a "full circle").

With enough persistence you may be able to reset/wrap all the alarms and/or to identify which are unintentionally "Set". But eventually I had to abandon one of my Consoles as being "Unusable". :(

Cheers, Alan.
November
Weather Station: N96FY
Operating System: Windows xp

Re: N96FY Alarm Sounding.

Post by November »

Thank you for Reply.

We can not get the Alarm symbol to go off next to outside Temp. But we have upped the high temp to over 45 and it has not gone off yet.
So hopefully it may live a little longer.