Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

RaspberryPi script to display weatherstation values via ssh - Version 2.0 (May 2022)

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

jank
Weather Station: FineOffset WS3080
Operating System: Debian Buster - Raspbian - Raspb

Re: RaspberryPi script to display weatherstation values via ssh - Version 1.8 (June 2019)

Post by jank »

Errors when starting cumulusnow.sh

If you encounter errors when starting cumulusmx.sh -n or directly with cumulusnow.sh which look like this:

error: process ID list syntax error

Usage:
ps [options]

Try 'ps --help <simple|list|output|threads|misc|all>'
or 'ps --help <s|l|o|t|m|a>'
for additional help text.

For more details see ps(1).

Here is the solution:
Since Mono JIT compiler version 6.8 an additional process called: mono-xsp4 is being started when the raspberry pi is starting.
mono-xsp4 It is starting a small webserver

Paket: mono-xsp4 (4.2-2.1)
simple web server to run ASP.NET 4.0 applications

I am not sure who needs this webserver, but you can easily disable it
service mono-xsp4 stop
or remove it permanently from autostart ---> update-rc.d mono-xsp4 disable
Do want a Managing Dashboard for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17907
jank
Weather Station: FineOffset WS3080
Operating System: Debian Buster - Raspbian - Raspb

Re: RaspberryPi script to display weatherstation values via ssh - Version 2.0 (May 2022)

Post by jank »

After some years (3 years) of absense I installed a new version of CumulusMX on a new Raspberry Device and I recognized that in the meantime something has changed (what a surprise) and my cumulusnow visualizer script does not work poroperly anymore.
I started to adopt this script to the new versions of CumulusMX and the result can be downloaded on Page 1.
Hopefully it works not only on my device...... tested on a RaapsberryPi with Debian Buster......
Do want a Managing Dashboard for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17907