Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New MX Install and Historic Data

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

apple8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

New MX Install and Historic Data

Post by apple8 »

I had transfer to MX after my host provider transferred my Cumulus1 site to servers requiring secure FTP.

I have MX running but only with data since installation, however I historical data is not showing. On the interface I can see the monthly and dayfile logs and all data for NOAA reports but only current data for Highs and Lows. On the website, only this year NOAA can be viewed and Records only show data since install.

I wasn't clear on where the data files were to go and currently they are in both the CumulusMX directory on the PC and web directory.

I would appreciate some help to steer me in the right direction.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: New MX Install and Historic Data

Post by sfws »

Have you looked at this earlier exchange about history

Obviously where that topic talks about "2020" move to MX, you read that as "2022" for your context.
apple8

Post by apple8 »

Thanks for that guidance. The Reports and Charts are now showing back to 2011.

Still struggling with Records though. I got stuck on the Create Missing data. When I ran it in the command prompt it returned "Failed to find Cumulus.ini file!"

That file is in the CumulusMX directory as is the CreateMissing folder so I am not sure what to do next.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

apple8 wrote: Fri 29 Apr 2022 1:15 pm Still struggling with Records though
Mark was working on a "CreateRecords" utility in March 2021, I don't know whether he intends to do any more on it.

By the way, the files that were in "data" in Cumulus 1, just go in "data" for MX. If you did that copying, your extreme records in the ".ini" files should not need any more work.

You didn't need to transfer anything into "web" folder, that just takes what is in the MX download.
apple8 wrote: Fri 29 Apr 2022 1:15 pm I got stuck on the Create Missing data. When I ran it in the command prompt it returned "Failed to find Cumulus.ini file!"

That file is in the CumulusMX directory as is the CreateMissing folder so I am not sure what to do next.
"Create Missing" is not for updating your extreme records. MX has more fields in log files than Cumulus 1 did, the utility converts your Cumulus 1 created lines in log files to the full MX content. You should have the three files "Cumulus.ini" , "CumulusMX.exe", and "CreateMissing.exe" all together in exactly the same folder.

I am not sure I understand what you say in that last line I quote, if you are saying you have the last mentioned file in a sub-folder, that might be causing your problem.
Last edited by sfws on Fri 29 Apr 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Mark was working on a "CreateRecords" utility in March 2021, I don't know whether he intends to do any more on it..
Not forgotten, but I've not had the time to work on it much.
apple8

Post by apple8 »

"Create Missing" is not for updating your extreme records. MX has more fields in log files than Cumulus 1 did, the utility converts your Cumulus 1 created lines in log files to the full MX content. You should have the three files "Cumulus.ini" , "CumulusMX.exe", and "CreateMissing.exe" all together in exactly the same folder.

I am not sure I understand what you say in that last line I quote, if you are saying you have the last mentioned file in a sub-folder, that might be causing your problem.
Yes, thank you, that was the problem, CreateMissing is now sorted.
Mark was working on a "CreateRecords" utility in March 2021, I don't know whether he intends to do any more on it..
Not forgotten, but I've not had the time to work on it much.
Ok, looks like it all has to be done manually, line by line.
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Post by BeaumarisWX »

Hi apple8,
With ref to : viewtopic.php?p=163292#p163292
I sent you a PM, any chance you could let me know how you got CumulusMX FTP uploading correctly with VentraIP, would be greatly appreciated.
Kindest Regards,
Tony
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :
apple8

Post by apple8 »

Tried to PM but just sitting in outbox.

In my discussion with support they suggested that I use an IP address xx.xxx.xxx.x rather than ftp.webname. They also said they remove some blocks, whatever they are. In the end we agreed it was never going to work if I didn’t have a secure FTP.

I no expert in MX (been all of two days now) and I still had trouble connecting in the settings. In the end I changed the FTP Port to 21 with FTP Protocol 1-Use SSL/TLS and got connection.

Hope that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

apple8 wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 8:06 am Tried to PM but just sitting in outbox.
That's normal phpBB behaviour - it stays in your outbox until the recipient has read the message (strictly, when the recipient accesses their inbox). It's best viewed as a "Sent but unread" box :)
Freddie
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Post by BeaumarisWX »

apple8 wrote: Sat 30 Apr 2022 8:06 am Tried to PM but just sitting in outbox.

In my discussion with support they suggested that I use an IP address xx.xxx.xxx.x rather than ftp.webname. They also said they remove some blocks, whatever they are. In the end we agreed it was never going to work if I didn’t have a secure FTP.

I no expert in MX (been all of two days now) and I still had trouble connecting in the settings. In the end I changed the FTP Port to 21 with FTP Protocol 1-Use SSL/TLS and got connection.

Hope that helps
Hi apple8,
Greatly appreciated, totally unsure why it works but you fix works perfect. All updating again even Normal 5 min updates and Charts .json files and midnight rollovers, brilliant.
Kindest regards,
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :