Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New PWS

Weather station hardware not applicable to any other subforum.
Isacsson
Weather Station: wh1080
Operating System: Windows 10 professional

New PWS

Post by Isacsson »

Hey all Since 2016 i bought my first weather station it is a fine offset Wh1080. I been really happy with this one and still runs great. But im starting to hope it will break soon so i can buy a new one. The wh1080 does not have any sensors for UV or Solar Radiation, is there any station that have thees sensors and the standard sensors of a weather station. Also i like if the temperature sensor can be detatched and put on another location (20M away) then the wind/rain gauge. Also ofc it must be compatible with Cumulus Mx. price range around 100-250$

Hope I posted in the right secrtion of the forum

Best regards Daniel
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: New PWS

Post by water01 »

Then you should go with an Ecowitt HP2551 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecowitt-Wirele ... ast_slp_dp. I did and haven't regretted it.
David
Cortmalaw
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by Cortmalaw »

Agree with water01.

But note that with the Ecowitt range, you can choose separate sensors rather than (or in addition to) an Integrated Sensor Suite. You'll need to purchase a GW1100 WiFi gateway which picks up the sensor signals if you want to interface to CumulusMX. Once you have that, you can omit the display screen if you don't want it, and save plenty £££

See for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NR6J5DK/ ... ljaz10cnVl for a full system, or https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0991GWB7W/ ... s9dHJ1ZQ== for just the GW1100
water01

Post by water01 »

You'll need to purchase a GW1100 WiFi gateway which picks up the sensor signals if you want to interface to CumulusMX.
I would disagree with that as the HP2551 can pick up all the same sensors as the GW1100 but more importantly comes with all the sensors that the WH1080 had as standard plus solar radiation and UV detector. I added a Air Quality sensor and Lightning detector. The HP2551 interfaces to CumulusMX via the HTTP gateway and can use the Ecowitt.Net API to pick up missed data as per the old WH1080 logger. You do not need a GW1100 to run it.
David
Isacsson

Post by Isacsson »

Hi and thanks for the suggestions i Will have o look
Isacsson

Post by Isacsson »

Hey. After yesterdays lighting storm my wh1080 won’t connect to the console anymore. I’m looking on the hp2551 and wondering how it’s connected to the computer that runs cumulus. Is it WiFi or is the console connected via usb as the wh108 console? Problem is that I got computer pretty far from where the station will be placed station will be placed 2m above my roof and computer is in the basement(wh1080 can’t reache so I moved only temp sensor and put it closer to the console on north side of my house where it’s close to the console.
water01

Post by water01 »

It is connected via WiFi to your local network and transmits data to CumulusMX via HTTP Ecowitt protocol via the network.

Make sure you also set it up to Ecowitt.net as this effectively acts as a logger because once you have set up its API Key and its User Key if you lose the connection to the computer you can restore the missing data from the Ecowiit.net site.
David
Isacsson

Post by Isacsson »

water01 wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 12:29 pm It is connected via WiFi to your local network and transmits data to CumulusMX via HTTP Ecowitt protocol via the network.

Make sure you also set it up to Ecowitt.net as this effectively acts as a logger because once you have set up its API Key and its User Key if you lose the connection to the computer you can restore the missing data from the Ecowiit.net site.
Great thanks!